skymama

Brush fires in FL

1000 acres burned so far since yesterday in Brevard County and they expect it to keep going today. (That's the eastern side of the state where Kennedy Space Center and the Titusville dz are located.)

I never thought I'd say this, but man, Florida needs some rain. [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Fla needs to tell the tree huggers to fuck off and have controled burns.

I noticed. when I was in Florida last, that they are calling them "prescribed burns" now, because I tell you what, sometimes you just can't control'em!!!!!!!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

We've been fairly lucky down here on the southern Gulf coast... not too many brush fires (yet) but it's liable to change at any moment... we definitely need rain, not thunderstorms, just rain...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

It's the third day and still going strong with 2300 acres burned so far. If anyone needs to travel near Orlando and Cocoa, you better check the roads before you head out. The Beachline (SR 528) and I-95 have had closings every day.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon