Hambone

NFL DRAFT

NFL Draft?
Best damn cure for insomnia I know of.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

are you talking about the "New Funks Lovers"

It was nice.... funks and I sat on the picnic table in the sun and spent some quality time chatting about the wife and kids....

I think we shared a moment.

:|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

We got Bush! I wonder if this will be the Saints next bumper sticker? I am excited about the Saints choice - suprising as it was based on the Texan's first choice. I have been a Saints fan since birth and even though it is a hard team to cheer for, I love them - just despise their owner, Tom Benson. He's a jack ass.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

I though it was an absolutely fascinating draft. I'd never really paid attention before, and I only watched about the first hour of it. But there were some things that had me pretty shocked.

The first was how badly Reggie Bush's agent mismanaged his draft spot. There's a huge difference between money paid to a No. 1 vs. a No. 2. Also, Houston is a huge market versus NOLA, and the endorsement money has plummetted. But, Saints look to have a team that is better suited for the future with that offense. Then again, Oakland had the best offense on paper last year.

The second was the seeming thought that Matt Leinart sucks. The Jets didn't take him with the 4th. Oakland didn't take him with the 7th. However, Leinart's chances for a Super Bowl and Hall of Fame career seem to me to have increased. He's with Dennis Greeen in AZ, a great QB mentor. He's got Edgerrin James at running back and a couple of great receivers. And he's got a pimp new stadium.

The third is the Jets - two good picks for the O-line in the first round (though I don't think you should take a center in the first round). Then they got a solid backup QB in the 2nd round. Maybe they thought Pennington was hurt so often because he had no protection.

The fourth was, "What was Oakland thinking?" They could have taken Leinart, but went with a safety. A Safety? At pick No. 7? Huh? Sure, there are issues with safety, but you take cornerbacks in the 1st. You don't pass up a QB like Leinart who already runs a pro system. I guess Oakland really thinks Andrew Walter is the QB of the future. Why do I still love the Raiders?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Oakland runs a spread offence. They love to run down field. Leinart is a good GB if you're running a conservative offence and passing 15-20 yd dumps. He's got accuracy issues at 25+ yards.

Might be the major factor there...

As for Houston, there is much debate here why they didn't take Bush. Everything from Bush not willing to negotiate a contract before the draft, family issues, NCAA investigations into his college career. We all knew they weren't going to draft Vince Young. Now we just get to get our ass spanked by him 2x a year. Once in Tenn and once here in our own backyard. :S

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Oakland runs a spread offence.

I disagree. Spread offenses require mobile quarterbacks playing out of the shotgun. The Raiders had Kerry Collins as QB for the last two years, and they wanted him.

As far as Houston goes, I like some of the other moves. Kubiak will do some good things. Carr, once given the chance to make a 5 step drop without getting hit at step 3, should be okay.

My wife is hotter than your wife.