LisaM

Caffeine - Affect You or not?

For me its kind of self medicating. ADHD, type affliction. Caffeine is a stimulant and works on a smaller level then a Rx, at least thats my opinion and I am no doctor so I may be wrong. I can not go through a morning without at least a small dose of caffeine. I switched to 50 / 50 coffee and although still get headaches they are not as severe but I am still able to jump start my day. It does not keep me awake, stress does that.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I have the coffee pot on a timer so it is ready when I wake up. I don't know if it really helps or it is just a habit.

Caffeine helps my son get rid of a migrane if he catches it soon enough
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Caffeine doesn't wake me up. I'm ADHD, and therefore the caffeine has the perverse effect of calming me down.

I love coffee and I start most mornings with it. But I don't need it, per se. I just got a coffee this morning, which was my first since Monday. I'm not hooked on it like I was in college.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Actually a shot of espresso is about the same as a can of soda. Its just easier to drink. Same goes for a cup of coffee. I've just always been able to feel caffeine from coffee products much more then that in soda.

'Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain'

Ya me too. I drink Diet Coke constantly. I can drink it right before bed and still fall right asleep. I have always been like that even when I was little. I tried going a month with out drinking anything with caffeine once, but there was no difference at all.
Fly like a girl

Ya me too. I drink Diet Coke constantly. I can drink it right before bed and still fall right asleep. I have always been like that even when I was little. I tried going a month with out drinking anything with caffeine once, but there was no difference at all.

Dumb caffeine.... *kicks ground*

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I got sick of _having_ to drink a can of moutain dew to stay awake. I just toughed it out and quit drinking anything with caffeine in it. The only time I break down is at the bar on the weekend if I am getting tired and want to stay out longer. I do feel it the next couple of days too.

Other than that, I feel much better now that I don't need it to make it through the day. The headaches did suck when I was getting off it though.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

The older I get, the more sensitive I appear to be with it. I used to drink tea or soda exclusively. Now if I drink anything caffinated after 6 pm, I have a lot of trouble going to sleep.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Does caffeine wake you up? I am canstantly bummed it does nothing for me... I can drink a 6 pack of jolt and go to bed......

Ahhh Lisa...people who are not affected by caffeine might do well to take an AD/HD test.

People who can fall asleep with stimulants in there body, are usually members of an elite group of people whose focusing ability is improved by Rx stimulants.

http://amenclinic.com/ac/tests/

Have fun, and I bet I would be safe in welcoming you to the "I can take stimulants, and fall asleep club, also know as I have been diagnosed with AD/HD club."

Jeff

Usual disclaimers apply, I am not a Dr., trained (or untrained) mental therapist of any sort, law rocketeer, certified in anything besides screwing up PC's and networks, and always consult a trained, certified, degreed, person before considering any thoughts espoused herein.
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

It wakes me up in the morning, but I'll never ever drink coffee after 6 pm again ! The last time I did that, was around 8 pm, and at 2 am I was still tossing and turning in my bed - more awake than I am during the day :S

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

I can drink a 6 pack of jolt and go to bed......

I think that is your problem.
For cafine to work you should only ingest small amounts. Here is why.
When you take in a massive quantity of caffine the body does a rebounding effect. You have a spike, so the body crashes you our. However if you ingest a little caffine you won't get the peak so the body will have just enough to keep you twitchy, but you won't get a sudden surge of energy. The less you injest the less the body has to react to.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Caffeine doesn't wake me up. I'm ADHD, and therefore the caffeine has the perverse effect of calming me down.

So what exactly is the perverse effect. :D
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I can drink a 6 pack of jolt and go to bed......

I think that is your problem.
For cafine to work you should only ingest small amounts. Here is why.
When you take in a massive quantity of caffine the body does a rebounding effect. You have a spike, so the body crashes you our. However if you ingest a little caffine you won't get the peak so the body will have just enough to keep you twitchy, but you won't get a sudden surge of energy. The less you injest the less the body has to react to.

I didn't say that I do drink that much caffeine... I said that I can... even if I've had none for months.... :S

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?