SarahC07

"Da Vinci Code" was GREAT!

Could you please explain to me why you think people who protest something are being "self-righteous?"

I think anyone trying to impose their narrow views on others by way of protesting a Fictional MOVIE because it doesn’t fit their personal beliefs would be accurately described as Self Righteous.

It is a MOVIE.. If you don’t like it, Don’t go see it. Soon as someone starts trying to convince others not to see it because it doesn’t fit their personal beliefs, they have definitely crossed the line into being self Righteous.

I have not read the Book or saw the Movie and I had no plans to do either until I saw it really pissed off the religious fanatics. Now I want to just to do both because I cant stand people trying to force their views on others.

Taliban, Christian Crusaders, Religious Cults.. All the same. Soon as they try to force their religious views on others, they have crossed the line. Believe whatever you want, but don’t force your views on others.

I thought the movie was mediocre. Except for the part where Amelie kicked butt - that was just funny. McKellan stood out, but he always does.

But then again, I thought the book was mediocre, too. Brown followed standard suspense techniques - nothing new. And he recycled old ideas - nothing new there either. For someone who wanted to dispel common myths, he sure promoted a lot of them (example, the apple didn't fall on Newton's head).
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

My church is having a 4 week study regarding the DaVinci Code.

I have no desire to go out and buy the book.

Just wondering...how can you attend a 4 week study of a book that you've never read?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I thought it was disappointing, It was pretty faithful to the story but it just all came across as too convenient and "oh look another clue just when i needed one, brilliant!" I wouldn't see it again. I thought hanks was average, mckellen was a bit pantomime and the girl was cute. Enough said!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I myself help run the sound board, recording and lights, So that's how and why I'll be there (3 of the Sundays anyways)without reading the book before hand.

Alot of churches are having this study guide/info.
Sort of like the Purpose Driven Life studies.

I like the myth he created about Harvard having a "Symbology" program, or even a "symbologist" profession being treated as prestigious or even real.:D:D

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln