skydemon2

Starbuck say FU to our men in uniform?

Does anyone know if this is true?

BAD MOVE STARBUCKS!!!
Starbucks Coffee
"Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.
Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support in their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it , and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.
So as not to offend Starbucks, we should not support them by buying any of their products. As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I believe is right.
If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it ! and no one will ever know. Thanks very much for your support of me, ! and I know you'll all be there again when I deploy
once more.
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

And now the rest of the story.....

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_starbucks_marines.htm

[urlhttp://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks-iraq.htm[/url]

Starbucks won't send the coffee because the military isn't considered a charitable organization however their employees are free to donate if they wish and many have...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

kinda sounded like typical Internet E.B.S. before I even saw the reply with the SNOPES post.

I don't know about the rest of you, but haven't you noticed that EBS has a certain telltale "flavor" to it, even before you check it out?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

this topic came up once before
I don't drink coffee or anything else in a starbucks not for some political reason but, i just don't enjoy the stuff.

BUT, I used to go to a bunch of starbucks on friday nights (in uniform) and collect the pastries and other items they could not sell during the week. we would donate them to the homeless shelter here.

even though it is a tax write off and many people hate starbucks b/c it is a major company blah blah blah, I feel the need to say at least they were helping when we asked.

over 15,000 pastries collected when I was helping out. I stepeed away about 2 months ago but they are still collecting approx 5-700 pastries each friday
My photos

My Videos

People like to pick on starbucks because it is a big target, and they have a rapidly expanding franchise operation.

On a personal note I usually don't drink Starbucks frankly because I don't like the way their coffee tastes or the cost of their coffee.

Their houseblend is usually a Sumatra which isn't really a casual beverage. Sumatra is a strong roast with a bitter flavor. Sumatra is best drunk durring a meal to help clense the palat between bites or courses. Most casual coffee drinkers would fair better with a Columbian blend. It is much smoother and therefore you don't have to add as much suger to it.

Now that being said if I am getting a cappochino or a cafe late for free I will not turn it down. At my old job we used to get Starbucks for free as long as we were in uniform. It also helped that the manager of the store was the GF of a Co-Worker.

Am I the only one who feels that coffee labeled as Cappuchino is an abomination?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Uhhhh............not to mention they sell Starbucks in the PX's all over Iraq. I drink the stuff several times a week. Of course at $7+ for a 12oz bag it's a BIT pricey. Tasty though. They don't have any Starbucks Stores here. I know...........hard to believe. A place called "Green Bean Coffee" has the AAFES contract. It's just as pricey as Starbucks. I've become addicted to the vanilla frappe'. It's like CRACK I tell ya! :D