lawrocket

I Need to Turn off My Brain - 1980's Stupid Teenage Skinflicks that we Love!

Today and last night have me desperately grasping for nonsenical amusement and I got to thinking about movies. There are some movies out there that are great video watching. Those that were so bad that they did not merit treatment on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

A plethora of these movies were released in the 1980's. While they did not have the commercial success of, say, Revenge of the Nerds, they still managed to get you laughing for how moronic they are.

The formula is the same - stupid comedy and nekkidness. Some movies illustrative of the genre are the Beach Girls and Hollywood Hot Tubs, with their low budgets and lousy writing. Still, some rise above the mold.

My recommendation for you all is "Surf II." This movie is different because it actually had some names in it, like Cleavon Little as Principal Daddy O, Eric Stoltz as one of the main characters, and Lyle Waggoner as Chief Boyardee.

A great scene is a garbage eating contest between one of the characters and one of the surfer punks (they were "normal" surfer dudes who got transformed into punks after drinking Buzz Cola, which is the central plotline). Another classic scene is the one where the two central characters are in a shed on the beach at night with a couple of hotties, but they ignore them while telling their stories. It's probably been 15 years since I saw this movie, but I remember one surfer recounting his story, "I looked left. WATER! I looked right. WATER! I'M TUBED!"

There wasn't a whole lot of nekkidness. In fact, all of the nekkidness was important to the overall plot.;) Zapped would be a better choice for that level of nekkidness.

There must be some more of these 1980's skin flick gems. I may want to spend parts of the next few weekends watching some, so please give me recommendations. I need to turn off my brain...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

(Singing) Animal House Do Do :)

That was 70s, silly.

I vote for "Spring Break" and, if you want something a little more on the "quality" side, check out "Real Genius."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Porky's.

I remember seeing that when I was about 12 years old and thinking it was the funniest thing ever... But I saw it again as an adult and didn't think it was funny at all... Though it might work for turning off your brain. ;)

For everyone:

Risky Business
Real Genius
The Sure Thing
Ferris Buller's Day Off
Vacation
Breakfast Club

Girly ones:
Sixteen Candles
Pretty in Pink
The Breakfast Club
She's Having a Baby