dgskydive

Storm watching

Hmm...

wonder if you're going to think it's so "fun" after the season's over. :S:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

After living on the coast...fla/ga border...for close to 11 yrs...it gets tiresome...being a home owner and seeing some close calls...nope sorry...not much fun.

Now when I was a dzo and running a flight school for a friend of mine and we had four hurricanes back to back two years ago I was ready to be committed...flew airplanes out only for them to come back and fly out again in a matter of days. Trying to find room in a hangar...that wasn't in the path of a hurricane and finding the $ to buy av gas and hotel rooms...oh thank you dear Jesus that I don't have to do that again.[:/]:D

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Yeah it gets old after a while... like by the end of your first active hurricane season... the past 2 summers we've spent as much time boarding up and unboarding as we did actually working... :S
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Well, welcome to FL. Hurricanes don't do anything for me anymore. I grew up in Florida, lived on the Atlantic coast for 18 years. After a while, if its not a Cat 3 you don't pay any attention to it, and if its not a Cat 5, you don't even think of evacuating. We left once, but when your doing 5 mph down the interstate... you tend to never want to do it again. We much rather wait it out then leave.

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

You board up? I think we have tried that like, once. We lived in our current house for 8 or 9 years now, never did it once to this house...

that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Never played in the ocean, but jumpin on a trampoline in high winds sure is a lot of fun. Walk to the front, jump as high as you can, and you land at the back. Man, I miss the old days... B|

Yes, we board up at work... plus being part of a construction company we get alot of calls to board up other people's windows... usually spend 2-3 days boarding up and another 2-3 days taking the plywood down again...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Well, welcome to FL. Hurricanes don't do anything for me anymore. I grew up in Florida, lived on the Atlantic coast for 18 years. After a while, if its not a Cat 3 you don't pay any attention to it, and if its not a Cat 5, you don't even think of evacuating. We left once, but when your doing 5 mph down the interstate... you tend to never want to do it again. We much rather wait it out then leave.

I am in the same boat with you. I am unimpressed with less than a Cat 3. I enjoy watching storms (not to say I want anyone to suffer as a result of them). And I hate the way the seas get messed up with debris and wreckage (though setting the Speigel Grove upright was freakin cool)!

I remember when Floyd Cat5 was due to hit (ended up skimming Atlantic coastline) I was in Orlando (2hrs away) it took me 6 hrs to get back due to backed up evac traffic!!

I say wait it out if less than 3.

T
Let's have fun! :)

I hope Tallahassee gets some good storms this year. I am all ready for cutting and hauling trees. Money is great.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?