weegegirl

This jackass tried to kill me this morning.

Sorry for your mishap this morning :(

Are you still a NON SMOKER?

Obviously - if she is contemplating doing herself in in 30 different ways just to have a ciggarette with St. Peter.

Did I read too much into that?:ph34r:

Clint, you freakin crack me up, suckah!!!!! Having a smoke with St. Peter...... :D:D:D:D:D!!!!

I think ya just wanna smoke St.Peter.:o:):)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You've not been around long enough to know narcimund. :ph34r: He takes shots at all us breeders when he's able. He's pretty narcissistic.

Oh, yes I have... I've been on this site for several years now. ;) I know narcimund...

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

what's a pock shot????

:o:D:D

It's what happens when you squeeze a pimple so hard that it shoots pus out all over everything and then leaves a pock mark.

Not a very nice thing to do to someone during a debate. [:/]

thanks linder.... you're swell...

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

True dat! I don't jaywalk (often) - I'm not a complete angel, but I hear yah. In this case however, there was a sidewalk - no light, no crosswalk, no nothing. I looked for traffic. The guy did not have his blinker on. I thought it was safe so I kept going. I was also already crossing when he turned in front of me. But I see your point.

Not to mention, drivers should be pretty heads up. This was right near a major bike path, and there are tons of joggers and bikers everywhere that time of morning. :S

Damn! That must have sucked getting hit! B|

True dat! I don't jaywalk (often) - I'm not a complete angel, but I hear yah. In this case however, there was a sidewalk - no light, no crosswalk, no nothing. I looked for traffic. The guy did not have his blinker on. I thought it was safe so I kept going. I was also already crossing when he turned in front of me. But I see your point.

Not to mention, drivers should be pretty heads up. This was right near a major bike path, and there are tons of joggers and bikers everywhere that time of morning. :S

No Doubt.

Was the car OK?:ph34r:

:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So, I'm out jogging this morning, in my groove, headphones on...

...then later...

GRRRR... get off your cell phones and drive...

Anyone else see the irony?

So....it would be ironic for a deaf person as well? Dude - the pedestrian ALWAYS has the right of way....even if they freakin' JUMP out in front of your vehicle. :S

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

No Doubt.

Was the car OK?:ph34r:

:ph34r:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T! :D:D:D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Sounds like you were safe this morning and that you are in general; I just think that pepole who *do* bitch out drivers who don't pay attention and still jaywalk all the damn time are hypocrites.

Bottom line, people are harder to see than other cars, especially if you're on your cell phone or changing your CD or any host of other distractions. As AggieDave pointed out, motorcyclists have this problem, bicyclists also have this problem, and pedestrians certainly have this problem.

What ends up being necessary is we have to be more "defensive" than anything. I used to teach defensive driving courses in college, and I try to use those techniques when I drive, but they also apply really well to being on the roadways but not in a car.

So, in your situation, defensive techniques would include ... not making any assumptions because he didn't have a blinker on, and making eye contact with the driver before you moved. The latter one I think is really useful - I do that a LOT when I'm entering intersections as a pedestrian - if I don't see that they see me, I don't go. It's not perfect (wouldn't have helped at all in my situation) but sometimes it does help. It's kind of a change in mindset from "not my fault" to "could I have prevented it." Doesn't mean you shouldn't still get completely pissed off at the guy!!!

Damn! That must have sucked getting hit!

Yeah... it hurt a bit.:D

I decided I wouldn't let it ruin my day. Still on my mind though.

GRRRR...

Um, if that's not ruining your day, I would probably intensely dislike to see what you'd be like if your day WAS ruined.:o

Think - "Thermo-Nuclear Holocost"

and then - add PMS.:|

Whoooo - I just got chill bumps.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I love Krisanne for many things... and this is just another reason...

CROSSWALK, ASSHOLE!!!!

oh jeesuz, you kill me, woman! have some psycho punch!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
:|

Pussy! :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

First of all....congrats on day 4 and for keeping up w/ the fitness routine!!!!

Secondly, I used to do a lot of road running and had a couple of close calls. I had a similar thing happen to me. I was crossing an intersection and I had the right of way. Well, someone can screaming through the intersection and almost made me a grease spot.

I could have only been lucky enough to have the person park close enough for me to reach them. Trust me, the fucker would have though twice before blowing through another intersection.

Glad your ok hun! :)

The Original Cabana Boy!

livendive: bla, bla, bla, bla, bla
weegegirl: :P

:D:D:D:ph34r: I kill me!

Still trying to get that smoke with St Peter huh?