OrangeJumper

Pork Rinds

Just so y'all know...I don't feel bad sharing my ice cream cone with my dog anymore!! Pigs feet!:o Those red eggs!:o And you kiss your kids with that mouth??:D:D:D

The kids, yeah... The dog, no... :S
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

bet you like those red eggs too.

I make them frequently... Doesn't everybody?

I do too. Only mine are purple; I have some in the refrigerator right now. They're awesome made into egg salad sandwiches, too.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Have you ever actually eaten one? Not sure what goes into the red ones, but the purple ones are just pickled hard-boiled eggs, pickled in beet juice. They're a beautiful purple on the outside, shading to white and yellow (you know -- usual egg colors) on the inside. Tangy.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

:D

OK, ya'll are really going to have to help me on this one. I just did a quick "red eggs" google search and only Easter & Chinese links came up. The Chinese links were died hard-boiled eggs given to a baby after the first month of birth. I didn't read far enough to see what the hell for...

Please.....red eggs?....someone???
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Have you ever actually eaten one? Not sure what goes into the red ones, but the purple ones are just pickled hard-boiled eggs, pickled in beet juice. They're a beautiful purple on the outside, shading to white and yellow (you know -- usual egg colors) on the inside. Tangy.

Wendy W.

Pickled in beet juice???? :o:o

Eggs pickled in beet juice.....that has got to be the nastiest thing I have ever heard of!!!! :|

The Original Cabana Boy!

Not sure what goes into the red ones, but the purple ones are just pickled hard-boiled eggs, pickled in beet juice. They're a beautiful purple on the outside, shading to white and yellow (you know -- usual egg colors) on the inside. Tangy.

I think that's what she meant by red. I like to pickle mine for a few days so that the purple goes all the way through the white layer. I put them in a glass container so that you can see all the pretty eggs, onion rings and pickling spices. :)
ones? -- Monday.

Not sure what goes into the red ones, but the purple ones are just pickled hard-boiled eggs, pickled in beet juice. They're a beautiful purple on the outside, shading to white and yellow (you know -- usual egg colors) on the inside. Tangy.

I think that's what she meant by red. I like to pickle mine for a few days so that the purple goes all the way through the white layer. I put them in a glass container so that you can see all the pretty eggs, onion rings and pickling spices. :)

I can't take it anymore....HIJACKERS GO AWAY....this thread was about good food, PORK RINDS! :D:D

The Original Cabana Boy!

Well, I'm not going to make them myself, silly. Me? Cook? I'm cooked for:P And I promise I will try some of yours sometime should we ever meet;)

Just don't try the ones out of the grocery store. They are nasty...
ones? -- Monday.

Be careful, they couldn't stop at just one serving either.
Hehehehehehehehehehehheheeee...

Bobbi

Pig rinds are an acceptable food if you follow the Atkins diet since they are so low in carbs. ;)

...and so very high in cholesterol and trans-fats!!!

Chuck