Squeak

UPT/RWS Riggers

My Rigger has emailed UPT a couple of time and so (I'm told) has Parachutes australia, and I sent an email as well, requesting the specs to retro fit a skyhook to a micron container.
My rig had been out of commission for 5 weeks now whilst waiting for these specs.

Can SOMEONE please send me or parachutes Australia the specs, i want my rig back>:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you want your rig back then have your rigger pack it and go get it. It is just not specs, you will also need the skyhook retrofit kit.

No Mike your wrong I HAVE all; the bits required i ONLY want the specs.
and it's a little hard to get my rig as apparently ONLY PA is allowed to retro fit the hook so my rig is 4000kms away>:(
I only want the specs, a 5 second task that has so far taken over a month
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If you want your rig back then have your rigger pack it and go get it. It is just not specs, you will also need the skyhook retrofit kit.

and it's a little hard to get my rig as apparently ONLY PA is allowed to retro fit the hook so my rig is 4000kms away>:(

Is Parachutes Australia an approved installation facility?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Is Parachutes Australia an approved installation facility?
Supossedly yes they are, but they dont have a spec sheet for the measurements:S
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My Rigger has emailed UPT a couple of time and so (I'm told) has Parachutes australia, and I sent an email as well, requesting the specs to retro fit a skyhook to a micron container.
My rig had been out of commission for 5 weeks now whilst waiting for these specs.

Can SOMEONE please send me or parachutes Australia the specs, i want my rig back>:(

Hi,
I'm an authorized UPT skyhook installer. Which specs are you looking for? Let me see if I can help you!
Gus Marinho

Hi

I'm an approved Master Rigger to retrofit Sigma & Vector 3 sport rigs.

Retrofit a sigma or a V3 Micron is a Master Rigger work & ONLY a Master rigger who was trained at RWS/UPT can do that.

If the Master Rigger is approved by the RWS/UPT he will have the spec. instructions.

Retrofit a V3 Micron is an additional training & if a Master rigger is approved to retrofit Sigma h/c it DOES NOT mean he is certify to retrofit V3 sport rigs.

Gus, you should not send the spec. sheet that we the approved Master Riggers have to other rigger which you do not know if he is approved for that.

The Master Rigger should contact UPT/RWS for that.

No other can approve him/her or provide the paper work.

Safe Rigging !!!

Hi Shlomi,
How's everything? Long time no see you!!!
Don't worry, I'm not sending any specs to them! Just trying to figure out what he's looking for and see if I can help somehow!
Stop by in South Carolina next time you're in the States!
Cheers,
Gus Marinho

Hi

I'm an approved Master Rigger to retrofit Sigma & Vector 3 sport rigs.

Retrofit a sigma or a V3 Micron is a Master Rigger work & ONLY a Master rigger who was trained at RWS/UPT can do that.

If the Master Rigger is approved by the RWS/UPT he will have the spec. instructions.

Retrofit a V3 Micron is an additional training & if a Master rigger is approved to retrofit Sigma h/c it DOES NOT mean he is certify to retrofit V3 sport rigs.

Gus, you should not send the spec. sheet that we the approved Master Riggers have to other rigger which you do not know if he is approved for that.

The Master Rigger should contact UPT/RWS for that.

No other can approve him/her or provide the paper work.

Safe Rigging !!!

Yeah I actually know ALL of this, FWIW we dont have master riggers here in Australia, HOWEVER Parachures Australia ARE authorised to do the retro fit (According to both Bill Booth and The head rigger guy at UPT (i forget his name)
The problem is they DONT have the spec for the sport rigs. I know they dont because I spoke to them on the phone. This is why I'm pissed off, when i rang and aksed if they could do the retrofit, they said Yup they were the only ones in OZ who can, well guess what? They cant without the specs
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ONLY a Master rigger who was trained at RWS/UPT can do that.

Where does it say that in the FAR's?

It's a UPT thing
but even if it was in thre FAR they DO NOT apply to me
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Since there is a change to the reserve container, here in the states, it must be done by a master rigger or the manufacturer or a sr. rigger under the supervision and inspected by a master rigger... FAR part 65, which governs rigging.

Very much a correct statement!

But the fact that it is a change or modification alone means that a master rigger or manufacturer must do the work. (at least here in the States)

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Hi

Does the V3 Micron to be retrofit is skyhook ready ?

It looks easy to do but it is not, there are a lot of technical hand work & sewing & small details to follow.

Safe Rigging !!!

Yes the Rig is Skyhook Ready, it has the Colins Lanyard, I also have the retro fit kit that UPT sent me (or PA has it now) so I have everything I need to do the fit EXCEPT the damned specs
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi Folks,

Since there is a change to the reserve container,

At the PIA in Reno earlier this year I asked Bill Booth if he submitted a Minor Change regarding the SkyHook. He said that he did not because he did not feel that it was a change.

Given that, the FAA knows nothing about the SkyHook system.

Now if that is the case, then it would seem (to me at least) that there is really no control on who can retro-fit a SkyHook; short of getting the goodies and specs from UPT.

Thoughts?

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Folks,

Now if that is the case, then it would seem (to me at least) that there is really no control on who can retro-fit a SkyHook; short of getting the goodies and specs from UPT.

Thoughts?

Jerry Baumchen

From what I gather that's how it is handled here, but getting the specs is a task unto itself
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi Folks,

Since there is a change to the reserve container,

At the PIA in Reno earlier this year I asked Bill Booth if he submitted a Minor Change regarding the SkyHook. He said that he did not because he did not feel that it was a change.

Given that, the FAA knows nothing about the SkyHook system.

Thoughts?

Jerry Baumchen

Given that, I'd say it's not a TSO'd component.:o
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.