matt1215

Credit Cards & Skydivng

None, I learnt my lesson from that on other things and paid them all off excpet for one which I normally use for online ordering for extra protection.

The rest comes out my current account using debit card so I am not owing anything through skydiving... just cars... that I don't even have anymore *sigh* [:/]

It's a very dangerous financial game running up your credit card bills in order to feed your jumping fix. If you're running up your bill on gear, that's one thing (at least most of the gear can be sold and some of your debt can be paid off), but if you're running up your bill on jumps ... well better you than me is all I have to say as high consumer debt is a bad game to get into.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

How much credit card debt are you in from skydiving? I come in just under the $5k mark :S:o.

0 I paid cash for everything. One of the reasons I'm grounded, I refuse to put any hobby be it skydiving or watching grass grow on credit.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Right now, I waitress so all my income is cash. My problem is that I tend to spend more when I have cash in my wallet, so I keep it at home and check my spending with my credit card. I use my credit cards for almost all my purchases, but pay them off in full at the end of every month. Since I get cash back on everything I spend, and never pay any interest fees, the credit company is actually paying me for using the card instead of the other way around. Getting a check in the mail from the credit company every couple of months is a nice thingB|

Since I get cash back on everything I spend, and never pay any interest fees, the credit company is actually paying me for using the card instead of the other way around.

they charge the vendors 1-4%, so they're doing just fine, though they'd love to find a way to stick you with a $29 fee.

I'm in for about $2000 I use credit cards for this as i need to keep the cash as the crack deales dont take VISA but the DZ does !!! still not shure witch is more adictive ?
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I was at one point $10K in the red with credit cards. I've since payed everything off and only put as much on them as I know I can pay off in a month, check cards definately make things much much easier.
Fly it like you stole it!

I'm aware that they make $ off the vendors, just not me...

I have no problem with keeping my spending down on credit cards, and because I do use them so much, I've built myself a nice solid credit rating and was able to get a nice low interest rate on my car loan (which I'm paying more on monthly than need be as well). For a 22 year old, I can't say that I'm doing badly credit wise, and know that there is room for improvement as well. I also don't really like the idea of carrying around a lot of cash on me.

I built up about $5k. And credit cards used for other things left me about $15k in the hole by summer, 2003. I had it paid off by summer, 2004.

I only use my business credit cards now for things like gas and other business expenses. My wife, our office manager, and my wife's mother are all very good at managing money (I suck at it) and any expense that it made, my wife knows about by the next day.

We have just instituted a new system, as well. We just got two American Express cards - one a charge card and one a credit card. We have begun paying all of our business bills on the card and then paying the card off every two weeks. This has the benefit of providing us all kinds of perks as we are beginning to rack up bonus points.

May here give good advice - don't buy unless you can pay cash for it. If you have the cash, use a credit card that you will pay off every month.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I used to be pretty much debt free. Then I bought a condo and my rig pretty much about the same time. Can't put a house on a credit card, but you can a rig. Thought I'd pay it off pretty quick. However a year later and I still owe a good penny on it.
It's currently sitting on a credit card at 3.99% apr for the life of the balance. Not too bad, but my 5,500 dollar rig will probably be more like 6,500 by the time I pay it off. I just couldn't rent anymore.
Hope to have it paid off in one year. Then back to debt free. Except I'm sure by then I'll have bought my first motorcycle which I've been trying to do for ummmm about 10 years now.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

and you.

:P

Cash only for me, too. I was in college at the time, thus, I did one level/month as that's all the cash I could muster up.:)
I have one credit card (my golden goddess AMEX) that gets paid in full every month. I can't stand bills. I like to keep things as simple as possible and keep my $$$ in the bank where I can water it, fertilize it, talk sweetly to it and watch it grow into my very happy retirement day.;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Up until this year, I was almost $13,000 in credit card debt.:o A lot of it came from learning how to skydive and financing all my gear when I was a college student. :S

I can't tell you how good it felt to pay it ALL OFF last month. :D. And when I did, one of my creditors increased my credit limit by $2000 without me even asking!

I'm keeping all my cards open, for credit building purposes, but otherwise, my revolving debt will be rather neglible.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!