bch7773

Ear Plugs question

At Walmart I see those earplugs that protect your ears from "Impulse" noise, like gunfire.

They normally only block like 5 decibals of noise, but if the noise has a large impulse, they are supposed to stop it very well.
They have little baffles on them.

The question is, have you used them and how did they work? Did they block gun noises or not, etc.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I searched Wal-Marts website and couldn't find any ear plugs. Do they look anything like this?

http://ec-securehost.com/uniformaccessoriesunlimited/0000000000001_Ear_Plug.html

I have used these numerous times and they work very well, if you use them right. You will still hear the gun shot, but it won't be enough to leave your ears ringing.

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Sometimes my husband snores, and we end up sleeing in separate rooms. I hate that. I've tried the standard earplugs, but I can still hear him. Which ones are y'all talking about the block 30 dec.?
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

3,000 jumps ago, Manley Butler noticed that I was starting to talk unusually loud during normal conversation, so he recommended that I wear ear plugs while flying. They definitely helped protect my hearing, but on a more immediate note, vastly reduced fatigue at the end of a busy day of skydiving.
A decade ago, Jerry Bourquin (sp?) recommended Somic 2 ear plugs. He should know. After thousands of hours flying helicopters and "a few hundred skydives" the old fellow can still hear normal conversation.
For the last thousand jumps, I have worn cheap ear plugs - on an orange string - while jumping. I will admit to laziness because the string helps me keep track of them.

Though I am still searching for the perfect "sleeping" ear plugs.

My husband bought me 30 decibel earplugs so I could sleep soundly through the night despite the freight train beside me;)

Doesn't that then make your own breathing sound like a freight train in your ears?

Try it readers: stick your fingers in your ears right now, and tell me if you could sleep with that roar of your own breathing.

I use ear plugs whenever I jump, and when I'm sleeping somewhere noisy. I don't even notice the sound of my breathing. I do notice ringing in my ears, but it's pretty faint, and far less annoying than ambient noise in some places.

Back to the original question, I use foam earplugs (I like the green ones from the drugstore best -- they're soft).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I am referring to these kind of earplugs.
http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/aeearcpl.html

not the normal side that filters all noise, but the impulse noise side.

Yes, I've used those and they work great in a gun-fire environment (various calibers shot).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!