eeneR

Issues with Trillian

Anyone else ever have issues where tilliran will not load the contact window? It seems to connect, gives me my mail updates...but no contact window.

Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I also have tried to check al of the settings in preferences...now im at a loss.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Is "My Contacts" checked under the view menu?

The whole window with all of that does not show. I can right click the icon in the tool bar and get to connections, preferences etc...but the main window is nowhere to be found.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

So what do you see? Do you see "My Mail Accounts"? Do you see the menu at all?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

So what do you see? Do you see "My Mail Accounts"? Do you see the menu at all?

No again, the main contact window that should load isnt, all I have is the icon in the bottom tray.....I can right click it, get into preferences etc. I have verified everything in there that the window should load and it doesnt.

Remember I work on this shit for a living...the window is not loading AT ALL.
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

"Hey, forget this guy and talk to me instead, I'm from another planet!";)

Was that before or after the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?:D

I had issues with Trillian. In my mind's eye she was really, really hot, but knowing she was English made me imagine her with horrible teeth and a bit of an overbite. Thankfully my imagination created her with shoulder length hair, but I know under that - her ears would stick out..

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I know I know... you're MUCH more of a geek than me.:P

I am pissed...i soo much prefer using trillian!
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I know I know... you're MUCH more of a geek than me.:P

Well if anyone else ever needs to know, trillian actually needs to be manualy uninstalled to get a clean install. They didnt do a very good job with the uninstall feature.
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Was that before or after the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?

The only thing that can possibly follow a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an immense hagover:P (Oh wont you pour me some more of that ol' Janx Spirit:ph34r:)

I had issues with Trillian. In my mind's eye she was really, really hot, but knowing she was English made me imagine her with horrible teeth and a bit of an overbite. Thankfully my imagination created her with shoulder length hair, but I know under that - her ears would stick out..

LOL!:D

Well then if there was ever a reason for watching the movie (doesn't measure up, but its ok) its so you can imagine Trillian as Zooey Deschanel. she can be pretty hot;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

LOL!:D

Well then if there was ever a reason for watching the movie (doesn't measure up, but its ok) its so you can imagine Trillian as Zooey Deschanel. she can be pretty hot;)

My only issue with Trillian was that i spent most of the movie looking at her thinking "Wait. Is she cute? Do I like how she looks? I'm confused."

Frankly, I think she needed a different facial structure but she has the black hair and blue eyes thing going. ;) In the end I ranked her as a high 3 or low 4.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

A pretty good description. But bad teeth and ears that stick out can be ... err ... useful :D
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

You may have lost a common file somewhere or it has become corrupted. Do you do a hard unistall before the reinstall? Going through by hand and checking the locations for a full uninstall and checking the registry? A lot of times, as I'm sure you know, software will delete the main files, but leave the common files and leave the registration entries. Then when you reinstall it, the install program will see the common/shared files as well as the registration entries and not replace them.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, they had to make her a believable match for Arthur Dent but she does have some hotness to her. I'd actually give her an 8 on the 0-10 scale.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

You may have lost a common file somewhere or it has become corrupted. Do you do a hard unistall before the reinstall? Going through by hand and checking the locations for a full uninstall and checking the registry? A lot of times, as I'm sure you know, software will delete the main files, but leave the common files and leave the registration entries. Then when you reinstall it, the install program will see the common/shared files as well as the registration entries and not replace them.

did ya see my last post :P
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto