shaiziel

Seat belt usage

When driving in Iraq.........NEVER. For what I would think are obvious reasons. Plus I am always wearing body armor and a Kevlar helmet. It's a risk that comes with the job. When I am back in the US. ALWAYS. I learned the hard way. When I was 14 I was in the front passenger seat of a 1978 Trans Am that came into contact (centered) a decent sized pine tree. I spent several days in the hospital and probably 2 months recovering. I put a 6 inch deep crater in the dash with my face. I was actually fairly lucky to only recieve the injuries I did. That was enough of a lesson for me. :S

When driving in Iraq.........NEVER. For what I would think are obvious reasons.

Of course! Yet another reason I forgot:

I often drive in the hood with my homies to get some stuff and if I need to haul bootie from some crazy clan, I need to be able to get to steppin' right away, know what I"m saying?

:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Good Morning America had a great video on it last week of a seat belt saving a woman's life. A cop was driving behind her car on the interstate and caught the whole thing on his dashboard cam. It can probably still be seen on their website (Carrie!).

Basically, she was driving along in her SUV and minding her own business. A person next to her swerved to avoid something in their lane, went into her lane and she swerved. Then, she over-corrected, slid across 3 lanes of traffic and then did at least 5 rollovers. Amazingly, no other cars were hit! They took her to the hospital, she was treated for a few scrapes and bruises, released that night and thankful that she had her seat belt on.

Yes, I and my kids always wear our seat belts.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Absolutely, every single time. When I was growing up, my dad wouldn't even start the car unless everyone was buckled up. J doesn't wear one. Sometimes when he sees a cop he'll put it on, but take it off when he's "clear." It drives me nuts and I hate it more than anything. I would love more than anything for him to buckle up and be safe. It worries me. [:/]

Andrea, Andrea...this would never happen to me;)

I would NEVER over-correct.

:D

OK. OK. OK.

You know? If I haven't tried something I didn't like in a long time, I'm always willing to give it another go just to be sure I still don't like it (TOMATOES! And yes, I like them now;)).

Tomorrow, I shall fasten my seat belt. And if it so much as interferes with reaching my Starbucks then it's OVER!>:(

Tomorrow, I shall fasten my seat belt. And if it so much as interferes with reaching my Starbucks then it's OVER!

Yay!!! Here's a tip, keep the Starbucks in the cup holder closest to the driver's seat.:P

Remember, no more dz.commers are allowed to die. Next one that does, gets a big Fuck You thread instead of a memorial one.>:(

Chris

Who said I was driving?:P

<---is DRIVEN

Seriously, I used to think I HAD to drive. I was, afterall, taught by a race car driver. Danica? She doesn't have nothin' on me:P

That is, until my hunny gripped his seat belt for his life after a ride with me. He then took over. And...funny....I haven't had a speeding ticket since. Interesting.

:D

And now it's almost opposite. HE'S the one riding too close, stopping later than I like, etc. (I never did those things, though. Just like to go fast:P) When I do drive, I'm all Mrs. Daisy on his ass. It's so funny how people change.

I'd still love to floor it on an open road, though:$

I would love more than anything for him to buckle up and be safe. It worries me. [:/]

Then don't get in the car with him, and certainly don't start the car if he isn't buckled in.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

It does not! It makes them look miles apart from each other:D

But, you know what DOES make them look fabulous?

My chest strap:D

A bunch of us in Deland did some jumps on a really nice gentleman's private property one weekend and camped out. It was SO hot and I decided to do a hop-n-pop in my bikini. My hunny took a picture, as he often does. YOWZA! LOVED the na-na's in that shot:D

;)

Oh, and P.S. They were all there to swoop except me. But, not wanting to be left out, as I came in to land under my HUGE canopy, I did get my toe in the water first:D Thank you. Thank you.;)

They're not comfortable, they wrinkle clothes and I can't move freely to grab my latte, change the radio station and/or adjust the A/C.

I'm just wondering what kind of car you drive and what position you sit in that causes that much trouble.

My cup holder is conveniently located right below my forearm if I rest my hand on my shifter with elbow on the center console. I sit close enough to manipulate the radio and A/C controls easily. You're either a mile away from the steering wheel or your car's engineers weren't exactly thinking functional ergonomics.
:S
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

My hunny took a picture, as he often does. YOWZA! LOVED the na-na's in that shot

So, where's the pic? If your na-na's looked that hot, you should share with the rest of us.:)
Chris

I'm just wondering what kind of car you drive and what position you sit in that causes that much trouble.

Just bought it three or four months ago, actually---A full-loaded, gorgeous, love-it Toyota Sequoia since you asked:|

I haven't worn one in so long I don't even know if the one in my Sequoia works.:)

1. They're not comfortable, 2. they wrinkle clothes and 3. I can't move freely to grab my latte, change the radio station and/or adjust the A/C.

1. Get a seat belt cover, fake lambskin, or even faux fur.
2. Wear tighter clothes so wrinkles aren't an issue or just be naked. ;)
3. How short are you? If your arms can't reach the dash or console, you've got the seat too far back.

When I was a kid I didn't always wear it, my mom actually was in an accident (T-boned at an angle right at the drivers door before side impact protection on cars) where if she had been wearing it she would have been hurt worse. She didn't wear one for a long time either. Once I started driving, I always wore mine, mainly because I was always doing stupid shit. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Just bought it three or four months ago, actually---A full-loaded, gorgeous, love-it Toyota Sequoia since you asked:|

Gees girl. You being in a rollover would be downright poetic. :D

I don't think the situation could be any more classic.
6.8% - Almost there!

OK, at first I was pissed you added to my post in your quote, as those were not my numbers, Mr!

But, I like your style.

Fight humor with humor:P

Though, if you've read me at all, you'd know NOOOOOOO LAMBSKIN, meat-eater!>:(

And how short am I? DAMN YOU. I consider myself tall---5'8" to be exact.

I didn't want to get into the whole "family history" but my father had a similar incident and NEVER wore one. Never made me either.

Please, let it be noted, that only I can dislike, talk shit and be pissed at my father for anything, though. The rest of you, should you think about commenting on that, can place your lips upon my ASS.

:)

I know the Sequoia, my sister-in-law drives one. They're all about comfort. I'm sure you won't have any seatbelt issues in that vehicle.

The truth is Carrie, we want you (and Ms. Virginia and your na-na's) around for a very long time. Do us a favor and try to get used to the seatbelt.:)
Chris

I am actually being serious here.

I WILL put one on next time I'm in the car. B/c this HAS been a reminder that it really is a bad decision I make on a daily basis and I hate that:D. Consider it a trial and only a trial.

But, that's more than would have been and you'll have to just be content with that.

I do what I want. ALWAYS. Such is the spice of my life.:P

P.S. I LOVE my Sequoia. I bought it pre-owned in "excellent" condition--so they said and REALLY so it was:o:)). The Sequoia is a piece of heaven. And, I drove EVERYTHING before picking that. I wanted a BMW. The BMW had NOTHING on the Sequoia in my book, after testing:P

The interesting thing will be that tomorrow, when she's out driving around, she'll put her seat belt on. She will swerve to avoid a basket of kittens in the highway... and so on.

Knock on wood that this won't happen.
6.8% - Almost there!

Well, one thing you said is for certain---and only ONE thing:

I would most definitely swerve to avoid a basket of kittens.

:)
OK, folks. A good song is on and I MUST dance. I also MUST make my hunny dance with me. AND, it's about time for dinner to be in my bell-y. Get in my bell-eee!:P