adventurechick

More thrilling than skydiving.....

Have you done anything more thrilling than skydiving? If so, then what?

Software startup, first solo plane flight, back country snowboarding (think steep), telling the sushi chef to feed us until we're full (sea urchin genitalia and monk fish liver are surprisingly good), the 1100' winch ride up from the bottom of Sotano de los Golondrinas, being an invited (free trips to Germany) lecturer with a few hundred people in the crowd, BASE jumping (including freeclimbs up and 50x100' landing areas with no outs and a helicopter at one end), voluntarily leaving a decent job for another (in another state, selling one house, buying another, and being stuck for at least a year).

Thank you Squeak.
You know there is something that is just totally awesome when you see one of your students get something. I don't care if you teach a FJC, or colege level calc when you see a student gain the knowledge that you have shared with them it just feels great.
I am only with my students for a few hours at a clip, but when I can evaulate them and sign off the paperwork that says that student can preform CPR. I know that the student that I signed off will be able to preform. I have had a very good success rate, even though I have had to remediate some students, but that makes it even more rewarding.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Attempting to land a Cessna 172 in severe turbulence; winds gusting from 15 to 50 knots and randomly changing directions up to about 135 degrees.:|:o

Eventually landed safely, but I wouldn't recommend trying it.:|

Matt