lawrocket

I'd like to know why this is...

A relationship being over is NOT reason to hate the opposite sex...no matter how hard you fall.
I think people need to be more mature with their feelings and keep them in perspective.
Sometimes things just don't work out...people grow apart...have different feelings, etc....
NEXT!
B|

ummm..... I don't think you meant to reply do me.... cuz I never said nuttin like it's ok to hate the opposite sex.
(infact I agree with you)
But, I'm still confused as to why addressing it to me.

... because they believe they can change him

... because they don't believe they deserve better

... because they feel they are "special" if they are "chosen" by the bad boy who "can have anyone."

... because they haven't grown up yet

...because they don't know how to have relationships without drama or they find them "boring"

I could go on, but I don't really understand them any more than you do.

emphasis mine, cause those are spot on. but i'd like to add one more:

... because they have no clue what they *really* want, and therefore want what they think everyone else wants (and what tv/ad's/radio/etc tell them to want): the bad boy stereotype

honestly and truly, i have heard this basic idea out of the mouth of more than one southern california female: "It's just so cool that he and I dating now! I mean I know he was with [insert other female name here] but I heard from so-and-so XYZ drama story and he told me [insert line of bull$hit here]" It's exactly as NW is saying, the feeling of being 'special' being 'chosen' by someone or something that can 'have anyone'. It's too bad, really, because from the outside-looking-in its pretty clear that guy is trash and he's looking for an easy score. So congrats young lady: you're his bimbo for the month (or two)

now..for the boring...this one makes me laugh. and i wouldn't have bolded it, if i didn't have a recent event come to mind...sitting at home, listening to the female roomate whine about the current b/f: "We do all kinds of things together, we just went to LA and bla-bla-bla but I really want something new, ya know? It just seems like there's nothing left - like all we can do is move in and get married now." Kind of a two-for in her rambling there about why she was done with Mr. Nice (she's now interested in Mr. Tattoo, as I like to call him), but the central principle still remains - bored as a result of no drama in the relationship. Where's the cheating? The fighting? The arguments about ex's, etc etc. This isn't like her OC tv show, or "The Real Housewives of Orange County". Hell it doesn't even measure up to her Mom who's up to her eyeballs in relationship drama as a result of 3 divorces...So to her, the relationship is pointless - it can't go anywhere but moving in and marriage.

and finally, the bread and butter - the desire to have the bad boy stereotype because they have no idea what they really want anyway. it's just easier to want what someone else or something else tells me i should want. call it lack of intelligence on her part, or immaturity, or just laziness. whatever. results are the same - the girls get passed around like blow-up toys within the same clique of friends. each time the girl(s) get a new sob story and then move on to the next trend.

to the angry and the frustrated: there is no light at the end of the tunnel. laboring under a false hope is a waste of energy. turn it into something productive. i've always been a big fan of apathy, though it can lead to negativity, ultimately some asshole tendencies.

it took me awhile, but this was my epiphany:

if you take the high road and you're a nice guy you can safely assume that you'll make 50-60% of the women 'happy' that you run into. the problem is this pool of women that is happy (as a result of your nice personality) may not provide you with the 'physical after hours activities' you are looking for. now, if you take the low road and you're a complete ass to women you can safely assume that you'll make a lower percentage of women happy, say only 25-30%. But, of that 25-30% you'll probably find a greater level of opportunity when it comes to the physical afterhours activities.

so, think of your goal, and remember it's all in the numbers :)

/dr. phil, i am not
//a 25 year old hopelessly lost in the craziness that is the female mind, i most certainly am
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

if you take the high road and you're a nice guy you can safely assume that you'll make 50-60% of the women 'happy' that you run into. the problem is this pool of women that is happy (as a result of your nice personality) may not provide you with the 'physical after hours activities' you are looking for. now, if you take the low road and you're a complete ass to women you can safely assume that you'll make a lower percentage of women happy, say only 25-30%. But, of that 25-30% you'll probably find a greater level of opportunity when it comes to the physical afterhours activities.

so, think of your goal, and remember it's all in the numbers :)

OK... I was following you up until this last part here... then the numbers threw me off bigtime... :S:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Nice guy = 50% to 60% happy women.
Bad guy = 25% to 30% happy women.

Therefore, 10% to 25% unhappy women no matter what you do.:S[:/]

So far I've been pretty good at picking out those 10 to 25 percenters.:|

Me 3
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK... I was following you up until this last part here... then the numbers threw me off bigtime...

lol, yeah hence the need for the slash...i am not the person to be takin advice from...just another nut rambling incoherently.
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

Perhaps your problem is finding women who require someone else to make them happy.

Find one who already *is* happy and be a part of her life. Problem solved... at least in theory. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Find one who already *is* happy and be a part of her life. Problem solved... at least in theory. :D

Tried that one too, no go. She eventually figured out that since she was happy before meeting me, then getting rid of me stood a good chance of making her happy again.:|

Then she left the country to go teach english language in China.:o

Matt

Tried that one too, no go. She eventually figured out that since she was happy before meeting me, then getting rid of me stood a good chance of making her happy again.:|

Then she left the country to go teach english language in China.:o

Then you two weren't right for each other.

I guess what I have a tough time figuring out (and this isn't necessarily directed at you) so very rarely end a relationship by saying "You know, ultimately we just weren't right for each other." Someone's gotta be right, someone's gotta be wrong, and there's gotta be drama. :D

It only works if each person only has the others best interest at heart and not there own personal feelings.

I think you need to have a balance of both, actually, in all types of relationships, but particularly romantic ones. You can't have the other person's best interests at heart at the expense of your own; you have to be true to yourself, too... it's a balance (though I suppose by your definition, you wouldn't because the other person would ultimately have your best interests at heart as well). Typing that sentence made my brain hurt.B|

It only works if each person only has the others best interest at heart and not there own personal feelings.

:|

Not so much true -

It can be said because the others personal feelings are not the same as the others and - well - it could just as easily be a cop out.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm sure if you really got to know the women those guys end up with it wouldn't seem like you are missing out on much. Except a bunch of really hot sex, of course.

I don't know. I've dated a few hot party girls. They were rag dolls in bed. Good looking but not really good for much more than just laying there.
Rather me a average looking woman that knows how to work it.

Jodans

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.

my comment was more directed towards the set of expectations about how people are "supposed" to behave in a bar/pickup scene setting.

Hmmm, even removed from the bar environment, you have to admit, people act differently when they meet someone they're interested in. It's the old rule of dating. If you show too much interest in a chick, she'll run. End of story.

I'm sure my posts have totally blown it with any potential skychick girlfriends, but ya know what? Anyone thinking I'm a jerk/player/whatever right now, you've proved my point. Women don't want a guy that tells the truth! :D:o;)

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

just another nut rambling incoherently

We all are...Hoping, that someone out there... Can accept a different perspective. ;)

Unfortunately it doesn't always work. For the most part it just seems to result in petty attacks.

Whatever...Moving on. Have a great one. ;)