SkydiveStMarys

Who the fuck are you!!?

SO...The Who are starting a world tour on September 12th in Philly....Is anyone remotely interested in seeing this concert? Or is this a case of old foogies trying to recapture their youth? Supposedly Zak Starkey, Ringo's son is play drums for them and Pete's son is in the band too...could be interesting..I would see them...I am sure the tickets will be outrageously priced.:S[:/]

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I am sure the tickets will be outrageously priced.

What do you expect? They never actually made a profit the first time around...
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

"They never actually made a profit the first time around... "

Uuum...its not JUST them...ever concert ticket for any group is outrageous...I also find it hard to believe that The Who didn't at least break even during their hay day.:S

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I saw them back in the late 80s. They were the headlining act to Miller Lite's Biggest #$@^ Party or something like that. Was a gas. Got to the parking lot and partied with some friends. Went inside The Astrodome and some old guy walks up to me and asks if we wanted to exchange tickets with him. We said sure why not. He didn't care where ours were since he was leaving and only wanted the stub as a keepsake. His tickets were 3rd row on the floor center stage! I got hit in the head by one of Peter Townsends guitar picks, dropped to the ground to find it. Never did, then close to the end I would up with part of the guitar neck and a drum stick.

Was a super shitty sounding concert. They rocked out big time. So hmm 20 years later.. I dunno. Guess it would be kind of like watching the Stones. You know all the songs. Can sing along.. but they just don't sound quiet right. Might have something to do with age though.

After I've rambled, my answer would be.. probably not. Unless if wasn't a "stadium tour" and was more intimate and smaller venues with more dates. Then I might consider it.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I saw them on their second "last" tour in 1989. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Pete Townshend is my hero. I can only imagine how awesome they were back in the day...

Wow, 17 years later! (Now I feel old!) How many "last" tours have they done now? :ph34r: I'd probably still go see them, if someone invited me. But I don't make much effort to go to concerts anymore. (Geez, I really AM an old fart. B|)

One of my favorite memories is slow-dancing with my friend Bruce while they played "Behind Blue Eyes." :)No one knows what it's like...

"They never actually made a profit the first time around... "

Uuum...its not JUST them...ever concert ticket for any group is outrageous

2 months ago, we paid $14 for She Wants Revenge and Ok Go.

Very good show.

Last month, it was Beck for $40. Awsome show.
Remster

I think face value on Social Distortion/Supersuckers was only $25. They're not all ridiculous. Many are ... but some still keep the prices reasonable.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think face value on Social Distortion/Supersuckers was only $25. They're not all ridiculous. Many are ... but some still keep the prices reasonable.

When you're The Who or the Rolling Stones, you can charge what you want... and get it! Saw the Moody Blues a few years ago... front row and they were incredible. My wife, got the flautist to 'pose' on stage while she got his picture. That show was worth $22.00 ea.

Chuck

I saw them back in the late 80s. They were the headlining act to Miller Lite's Biggest #$@^ Party or something like that. Was a gas. Got to the parking lot and partied with some friends. Went inside The Astrodome and some old guy walks up to me and asks if we wanted to exchange tickets with him. We said sure why not. He didn't care where ours were since he was leaving and only wanted the stub as a keepsake. His tickets were 3rd row on the floor center stage! I got hit in the head by one of Peter Townsends guitar picks, dropped to the ground to find it. Never did, then close to the end I would up with part of the guitar neck and a drum stick.

Was a super shitty sounding concert. They rocked out big time. So hmm 20 years later.. I dunno. Guess it would be kind of like watching the Stones. You know all the songs. Can sing along.. but they just don't sound quiet right. Might have something to do with age though.

After I've rambled, my answer would be.. probably not. Unless if wasn't a "stadium tour" and was more intimate and smaller venues with more dates. Then I might consider it.

I wish, I had the money, that Pete Townsend pays to replace all the guitars he's smashed over the years!:D Hell, he probably got them free from Gibson![:/]

Chuck

I think just about anything under $100/ticket would be worth it see these rock legends. I'm still trying not to hold a grudge against Roger D as my college girlfriend said she'd leave me for him in a NY minute! [:/] The bitter truth . . . I would've left her for Linda Carter or Farrah in less time than that! ;) And yes, I'm old school. :$

Nope. Lost interest when Keith Moon died. Entwistle's dead too. For the price of a lousy ticket you can have the excitement of a cutaway and a good story to tell when you've been drinking.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

And worth every fuckin' penny . . . :)
I think Pearl Jam was only $40 last time we saw them, and Green Day and Foo Fighters w/Weezer were pretty reasonable, too.

I think just about anything under $100/ticket would be worth it see these rock legends. I'm still trying not to hold a grudge against Roger D as my college girlfriend said she'd leave me for him in a NY minute! [:/] The bitter truth . . . I would've left her for Linda Carter or Farrah in less time than that! ;) And yes, I'm old school. :$

Old school with good taste in women! (Farrah and Linda Carter!);) I'm 'old school' too! The first time I saw the Stones, was on the old Ed Sullivan show. I was about 16 - 17 yrs. old. The only time I ever got to see them in person, was on their 'Babylon' tour.

Chuck

Now you've got me listening to The Who. :) And I'm sitting here looking for the best price on a "Tommy" DVD; that's one of my favorite movies, but I only have a VHS copy right now.

And I say go see them if you never have. You may not get another chance!