MagicGuy

Graduated AFF at Jumptown!

I just got back from Jumptown and I am totally pumped that I graduated AFF! I started on Thursday with my Cat. A, did my B, C1 and C2 on Friday, D1, D2 and E1 on Saturday, and finished today with my E2.

I got really lucky and was able to do my first four AFF jumps out of a Casa, and also did my E1 out of the Casa (before a bird flew into the fucking engine and ruined it). I also got really lucky that I didn't have to repeat any levels, and finished the course with 8 jumps.

On another cool note, I met fellow DZ.commer froglady during the Casa Boogie this weekend. She is really cool, extremely nice, and her rig is bad ass. I got to meet a bunch of other cool people that were extremely friendly and helpful. Even though I was the new guy on the DZ everyone treated me like an equal. It was a great feeling.

Overall, it was an incredible weekend, and I want to throw a special thank you to my awesome instructor, Dick Spates. He was with me throughout my 4 days at Jumptown and took me through my FJC all the way through my E2. He is THE MAN, and really gave me the skills and confidence I needed to get through my AFF without a hitch. Mad props!

Looking forward to doing some solos and coach jumps. Next step, A License! See ya'll next weekend!!

Congrats! You picked a great weekend to finish AFF! Did Sheila do anything special for you?:D What color is her hair these days?:ph34r: (oh those combat boots and miniskirt...;)) Sheila, Diane and all those at Jumptown are the best!B|

Sheila's hair is bright pink and it looks awesome! Her and Diane are definitely awesome, and they made an announcement over the speaker congratulating me on my graduation.

Very cool people at Jumptown. They are all awesome. I can't wait to go back!

Hey Rob.. I probably did meet you, and I apologize for not remembering. I was the small guy stuck in the pink jumpsuit jumping a 240 student navigator lol. What kind of rig do you have? I would probably recognize you more by your rig than anything else.. I met a ton of people.

Michelle, damn you, you didn't show me your rig yesterday lol. Like I said, I want my own rig, and I don't care if it IS bright pink ;) It's only temporary until I can move down to at least a 150.

You guys gonna be down this weekend? I'm driving down for the weekend Friday after work. Rob, if you're there, come introduce yourself, or let me know how to recognize you!

Laters..

It's only temporary until I can move down to at least a 150.

Unless you only weigh 120 lbs, you shouldn't even be thinking about a 150 for quite a while. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I was the small guy stuck in the pink jumpsuit jumping a 240 student navigator lol.

Ha, I saw that. I was like feelin bad, like it was an evil trick. But since you are a small dude, thats the suit they give. Kinda funny. Dont worry, i flew a pink (its magenta) canopy for a while. Just try to remember not to get much vid or photos untill you get away from that shit.

Anyways, Im just a DZ.com lurker too, but im at Jumptown almost every weekend. I wear the blue and grey freefly suit with the 3 stripes.

Dont worry about all that RW shit they are gonna show you :P Just remember one thing FREEFLY B|

welcome to the club.

PJ

I was the small guy stuck in the pink jumpsuit jumping a 240 student navigator lol.

Ha, I saw that. I was like feelin bad, like it was an evil trick. But since you are a small dude, thats the suit they give. Kinda funny. Dont worry, i flew a pink (its magenta) canopy for a while. Just try to remember not to get much vid or photos untill you get away from that shit.

Anyways, Im just a DZ.com lurker too, but im at Jumptown almost every weekend. I wear the blue and grey freefly suit with the 3 stripes.

Dont worry about all that RW shit they are gonna show you :P Just remember one thing FREEFLY B|

welcome to the club.

PJ

magenta my ass - it was PINK
Scars remind us that the past is real

Yeah man I saw you around a bunch. You were doing some freefly coaching, right? Teaching that one chick how to do head down?

Don't worry.. I don't have much interest in RW. The only videos I watch on skydivingmovies.com are the freefly ones. That's where it's at! Can't wait to start sitflying. Gotta get that A first..

Here I am thinking I only met one DZ.commer when really I met like 8. Cool B|

See you guys this weekend.

magenta my ass - it was PINK

Agreed.

The best story ever was when PJ was landing and some guy was there with his kid watching. The kid (bout 6 years old) says "Daddy, that must be a girl because it's a pink parachute"

I loved life right then. Of course PJ sold the canopy soon afterwards but damn does that just stick in my memory :D

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer