marknsanchez

Skydiving in the UK?

I'm going to England (North Yorkshire) in the beginning of August for 90 days and was told i would have to join the BPA in order to jump there. Is that dropzone specific, nationwide, or can my USPA license be sufficient? I thought since USPA was apart of FAI that wouldn't matter. Anyway, i heard the BPA membership is pricy that's why i ask. Any thoughts?

North Yorkshire for 90 days. You military?

Harrogate possibly?

And yes, you will have to join the BPA and it is pricy. Since you will onlyl be here for 3 months you wont have to buy a whole membership though. When I first jumped in the UK, they gave me a week membership, though still not cheap....but cheaper.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Since you will onlyl be here for 3 months you wont have to buy a whole membership though.

Unfortunately, I believe you will...the temporary membership lasts a month, and I believe must be upgraded after a month if you're still jumping :(

Edit: Not sure about that...I just checked the BPA website, and the month-long membership doesn't mention renewal...(It is, however, £26.30 a month!)

On the plus side, there are some excellent DZs around where you will be...Hibaldstow, Bridlington, and Peterlee, all within an hour or so of North Yorkshire.
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

Just a quick question on that issue. Last year I was a full member of the BPA, but this year I don't want to spend so much jumping in the UK. For next weekend I wanted to do a temp membership, is there any rule against this?

blues,
Marcus

Just got word from the BPA themselves...to jump at any BPA affiliated DZ you have to be a BPA member. Since i'm going to be there 90 days i will have to get a full membership for 118.60 pounds ($220). Yep, i'm in the military, Air Force Reserve. Going to be up at RAF Menwith Hill. I've found 5 DZ's close by already, Black Knights, Northwest, Hibaldstow, Peterlee, and Bridlington...all within 80 miles from Harrogate. It's going to be a blast.

I left Menwith Hell in Jan. and now down at Lakenheath. PM me if you've never been there and want to know anything about it.

The area up there is beutiful and the DZ are a long drive but well worth it. If you need any help let me know.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Just got word from the BPA themselves...to jump at any BPA affiliated DZ you have to be a BPA member. Since i'm going to be there 90 days i will have to get a full membership for 118.60 pounds ($220). Yep, i'm in the military, Air Force Reserve. Going to be up at RAF Menwith Hill. I've found 5 DZ's close by already, Black Knights, Northwest, Hibaldstow, Peterlee, and Bridlington...all within 80 miles from Harrogate. It's going to be a blast.

Echelon eh?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I've found 5 DZ's close by already, Black Knights, Northwest, Hibaldstow, Peterlee, and Bridlington...all within 80 miles from Harrogate. It's going to be a blast.

I'll vouch for Hib, Cark (Northwest) and Peterlee as good DZ's. Hib's a pretty big operation, Cark and Peterlee especially are smaller but very laid back and friendly:)
Never been to BK or Brid but heard good things. I really need to move to the midlands!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?