NWFlyer

The Stuff You Won't Wear in Public...

... but can't bring yourself to throw out. What do you have?

C'mon we all have them. Pieces of clothing that are beloved because of comfort, sentimental value, practicality, etc., but we would never actually wear them out in public unless we were really desperate. I'm not talking about things that aren't appropriate for wearing outside the house (so Remi, please don't mention your leather thong:D) but the stuff that's too butt-ugly.

I write this because it's chilly in Seattle today and I'm sitting in my home office wearing the fugliest rubber-ducky yellow fleece jacket that I got when I was a volunteer for the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk a few years ago. It is the hugest, warmest, most comfortable thing ever, but damn is it ugly! It even says "I'm Crew" in huge letters on the back. :D:D:D I keep it in my office because it's perfect to have around whenever I get cold.

(photo attached since I'm sure someone's gonna ask "how ugly is it?")
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I buy all my own clothes, there is nothing in my closet I wont wear!:)

Oh c'mon, there has to be something that's now hopelessly out of fashion ... or so worn out as to be embarassing ...:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Ive got a pair of shorts that have more holes than a than a street in downtown atlanta.
Hottie hates em, but I like em.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

You asked for it! >:(

who, in their right mind, is going to open that attachment?

Certainly not I.

:|

Who ever said you were in your right mind? :ph34r:

They would look better if you were wearing them....

Do you know how hairy he is down there?:D:D:D

I have a big, oversized Roxy hoodie.:P

I used to have a lot of Roxy stuff.:$

I'm like Skydemon, though; I don't get embarassed. If I did have something I would rock the hell out of it and never once let on that I knew it was unfashionable.:P And I'm still convinced I have a spy....[:/] The top-cut-off jeans were MY idea LONG before Mariah rocked 'em.>:( OK....you've just opened a can of worms...:D:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

They would look better if you were wearing them....

Do you know how hairy he is down there?:D:D:D

I try to shave so that the hair doesnt stick out from the sides, but its hard to keep maintained.

HAH!
not gonna open that one either!
:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

Fair enough ... I would probably wear the big yellow fleece out in public; fortunately, I have plenty of other options and this one can sit where it does me the most good - as insta-warmth in a cold room.B|

I have lots of stuff that Liz won't let me wear if we're going to be together, but nothing that bothers me. I've seen so much stuff come, go, and come back around that think of my outdated clothes as cutting edge for the next time around.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

A few years ago a good friend of mine told me this true story. It seems her next door neighbor had a husband with an old sports jacket that was hideous, but he wouldn't get rid of it. Finally, out of desperation, on garbage day the wife through it out.

Well, my friend's husband saw it sticking out of the trash and thought to himself, "Why, that's a perfectly good jacket right there!! Who would throw that away?"

At the next neighborhood dinner party, my friend's husband showed up wearing the horrible dinner jacket. Both wives were mortified. The first one because she had been found out. My friend for the fact that everyone there knew her husband was wearing clothing he'd dug out of the neighbor's trash.

It was awhile before everyone was back on speaking terms!!B|