Nightwing

It fucking sux!!!

So...just when you think you've got enough on your plate, life dishes you some broccolli!!!

I've just bought a new car.
I'm about to start a new job in 2 weeks time.
My wife is going to give birth to our first child in 2 months.
And today our landlady drops the bombshell that we have to move out in 2 months as her son is moving to town and will get the perfect house that we've been staying in for the past year.

It sounds silly but I just had to cry. It's a lot of shit to have happen all at the same time.

I know there's people in worse off situations than mine but fuckit man, it just fucking sux!!!
Drags me down, like some sweet gravity...
Nightwing has stirred, and taken to flight...the silence is over, he's shattered the night!!!

So...just when you think you've got enough on your plate, life dishes you some broccolli!!!

I've just bought a new car.
I'm about to start a new job in 2 weeks time.
My wife is going to give birth to our first child in 2 months.
And today our landlady drops the bombshell that we have to move out in 2 months as her son is moving to town and will get the perfect house that we've been staying in for the past year.

It sounds silly but I just had to cry. It's a lot of shit to have happen all at the same time.

I know there's people in worse off situations than mine but fuckit man, it just fucking sux!!!

I'm going to come by and punch her in the nose.
What a fucking CUNT she knows that you are about to have a baby, right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yep we had but it's juuuuust expired. Convenient huh!
She told us in the beginning that if her son ever moves he'll take the place BUT she promised it was highly unlikely and that she wanted us as long term tenants...like 5 years min.
Nightwing has stirred, and taken to flight...the silence is over, he's shattered the night!!!

Yep she knows we're having a kid.
The worst is my wife had just finished decorating the "baby's room"!!! She put so much effort into it and now we have to repaint it white.

I can't be too mad at her but it's just fucked up timing. If it was a few months ago or next year Jan it would've been ok...but why now?

Yeah, it sucks but it seems she is totally within her rights. People always take care of their family first, but it's never good when you're the person on the losing end.

All you have is tonight to wallow in your misery, then you have to forget about it and get a move-on tomorrow in finding a new place. Hopefully your wife won't deliver early!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Im sorry I dont get it

1. you got a new car (awesome dude you should be happy)
2. your starting a new job (awesome dude you should be happy)
3. your wife is having a baby (FUCKING awesome dude you should be happy)
4. ok not fun but shit happens.... suck it up 1-3 are awesome.

enough said

Well Swakopmund is a small town, there aren't a lot of houses available. Those that are are being rented out to the movie crew currently in town and those for sale are at rediculous prices!!!

The house to buy it would cost almost a million N$.

Well after a shit week of note...
We finally found a place to stay, a nice town house.
But with all the extra rent, deposit, moving,etc...it's going to cost us an extra 10,000 bucks this month!!!

Thinking bout giving my (ex)landlady the bill. Bet she didn't think about the consequences of her actions.

Better put my "debt trunks" on and dive back in the pool.

But with all the extra rent, deposit, moving,etc...it's going to cost us an extra 10,000 bucks this month!!!

Maybe it's time to buy a place of your own. There's a lot of creative financing out there, depending on the market in your area.

How much were the moving expenses? 10K is a lot of bank for moving down the street.

I'd love to buy a house!!!

But the house and property prices in Swakopmund, Namibia must be one of the highest in Southern Africa! Your lowest house price would be around N$450,000.00 and that would be a small 2 bedroom flat. Average house price is +-N$800,000.00.
With the current exchange rate, that would be about US$114,000.00!!! What can I get over there for that price?
And with my salary which isn't bad at all, my bank will only give me a loan of N$350,000.00!!!
So buying is not an option.
14 years ago a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, lounge, kitchen, dining room, 2 garage house would cost you N$120,000.00 now the same place will cost you about a million plus!!!

...must be one of the highest in Southern Africa! Your lowest house price would be around N$450,000.00 and that would be a small 2 bedroom flat.

Nope... South Africa is worse at the moment.. You'd be lucky to find a shitty ONE bedroom for that ... in a worse area :S
"Africa is not for sissies"