SkydiveStMarys

Morning or Night Owl

The Army cured me of my proclivity for "Night Owl".

Later, chemicals re-instated the "Night Owl" business.

Age returned me to "Morning Person" waking at 5am every day. I really enjoy the early morning peace and quiet.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Night Owl... I don't even want anyone to talk to me in the morning... I suppose it was compounded by my never developing a caffiene habit in the morning.

I always thought it was a cruel joke that I was responsible for getting two lazy sons up every day.

But I don't sleep nearly as much as I used to. This morning I slept really late because it's not a good jumping day... 8:00 a.m.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

night owl, always something to doinstead of sleeping and its much easier going to bed late than waking up early. being good ad waking up very early now (7am) but its a constant effort.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

I have always been a morning person.
My day generally begins at 0400.
I find that it is the best time to work uninterrupted, and a time when what little gray matter I actually have works!:)The downside is that lunchtime is around 10:00 am and dinner around 4:00pm. Lights out waaaaaaay before 10:00 pm.
Yeah it makes it a bit difficult to play with others...but hey its just the way I roll.:D

Wow! :o I thought I'd be the only morning person.

I'm a ROYAL morning person.

Charlie's Angels, the movie, came out near when I started jumping (and spending nights at the DZ). I've never seen the movie, but I guess there's a scene where Cameron Diaz's character wakes up and immediately is smiling and dancing around her room.

Everyone came back from that movie and said it reminded them of me.:D B/c I was always up first, showered and ready for the first load.:P

I can be a real party pooper at night. After about 1 or 2 a.m. I'm likely to fall asleep wherever I'm at.:D

My father woke me up at 5 a.m. every day of my life. My internal clock is programmed that way. I like it, though. I love running while it's still dark and then having my latte on the beach with Billy watching the sunrise.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I really enjoy the early morning peace and quiet.

Me, too!

And when we run you hear the birds just waking and chirping and you smell the breakfast cooking and all sorts of sights, smells and sounds that get lost in the business of the daytime/nighttime.:)

The downside is that lunchtime is around 10:00 am and dinner around 4:00pm. Lights out waaaaaaay before 10:00 pm.
Yeah it makes it a bit difficult to play with others...but hey its just the way I roll

I like you!:D

I'm 26 and yet always arrive out to dinner in time for the senior special.:D

We love going to dinner with friends, but it's so annoying b/c no-one ever wants to meet us at 5:30 p.m. So I have to have a snack and find something to keep me awake and busy until 7 or later when everyone else and their mom is FINALLY ready for dinner.:D

Just curious. Have you always been this type of person? Is it because you have kids? Is it by choice? And what is a night owl anyway?? Up after midnight? 1 am? 2 am?

Bobbi

Was just having this conversation with a friend the other day...

While I like the occasional "party till the sun comes up," I woke up for last week's race and left the apartment at around 5am, and saw about a half-dozen people coming home from a night out. I just felt infinitely healthier than them.

I like that whole "I'm up early and healthy" thing I've got going on.

Of course, as soon as the race in November is over, who knows. :)

I like that whole "I'm up early and healthy" thing I've got going on.

Me, too!

We run past this one house that nearly always has a bunch of 20-somethings (like me) hanging out outside, still winding down from the party.:S

I have to have a snack and find something to keep me awake and busy until 7 or later when everyone else and their mom is FINALLY ready for dinner.

Bwahhhhhhhh I would be falling alseep in my soup!;)
I catch a bit of flack when there are boogies here because I just can't stay up until mid-night. Then again at the end of my day I'm looking at only 6 hours of sleep before it starts all over again. I need 8 hours damnit! LOL

Me, too!

We run past this one house that nearly always has a bunch of 20-somethings (like me) hanging out outside, still winding down from the party.:S

Of course, let's keep in mind that when my training is over, if someone showed up with a bottle of really good Vodka, and even more interesting company, things could change very quickly. :)

I guess I am a morning person now. I am always up and about by at least 6-630 everyday. I can also stay up till 1-2 am with now problem either.
I never had a problem getting up in the mornings but I do have a problem with be sluggish until after my first cup of coffee.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Shut up!

We'd be perfect partners in crime.:D

I MUST get 8 hours, too. It's great for keeping a youthful glow and bettering the quality of the hours you spend awake.

I can do a midnight or later night here and there; but not on a regular basis. I have maybe one night/month that we'll end up out until 2 a.m. or something. The rest of the weekends we're home by 10 or midnight b/c we simply MUST get up the next day and go fishing, or running or biking on the beach.:D On weekdays, we're in bed by 9 p.m.:$

I'm just more of a day-activity person. Our friends are always welcome to hang out and "party" with us during the day.;)

I want to climb into bed the second it gets dark out. Of course, I then hate getting out of bed in the morning. I am most productive in the morning though. I prefer late morning! But now that I am getting old, if I get up after 8, I feel as though my day is shot!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?