lawrocket

Okay, gals - What do you want guys to do to make themselves dainty

I've never been one to focus much on my appearance. My lady has, however, helped with my complexion and introduced me to terms such as "exfoliation" and "promote cell turnover." I even had the pleasure of being introduced to a "gentleman's facial" a couple of weekends ago, and I gotta admit - it was a damned relaxing thing.

A couple of days ago, I saw an online article about things wimminfolk wish guys would do. Things like get pedicures, blow 60 bucks on a haircut, get the back and shoulders cleaned up, and remove unwanted hair (walt's post reminded me of this).

Do women really want us guys to get a $60 trims? Or get facials and manicures? Or spend money on new shoes?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I pay $27 for a haircut at a "Men Only" salon, and that includes a 10 minute neck/scalp/shoulder massage, a beer or two, and they usually trim my ear hair and wax between my eyebrows. Occasionally I splurge on a shave and/or facial, and I've gotten a pedicure and my back waxed there (once each). I don't know if any of these things make me look any better, but they are pretty relaxing.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I've never been one to focus much on my appearance. My lady has, however, helped with my complexion and introduced me to terms such as "exfoliation" and "promote cell turnover." I even had the pleasure of being introduced to a "gentleman's facial" a couple of weekends ago, and I gotta admit - it was a damned relaxing thing.

A couple of days ago, I saw an online article about things wimminfolk wish guys would do. Things like get pedicures, blow 60 bucks on a haircut, get the back and shoulders cleaned up, and remove unwanted hair (walt's post reminded me of this).

Do women really want us guys to get a $60 trims? Or get facials and manicures? Or spend money on new shoes?

They like our Balls waxed - or maybe it's just the process that they enjoy thinking about. I'm really not sure.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I personally love to cut my husbands hair myself. Saves time and money and have you ever seen those love scenes in the movies that start out with the woman cutting the mans hair and giving him a shave? Well....

I would rather groom him myself. I know what I want and how I want it done. He seems to like it that way too. He's not complained yet. ;)

And yes, I have also done his pedicures, manicures, facials, massages etc. :ph34r:;) Why let someone else have all the fun?

I personally love to cut my husbands hair myself. Saves time and money and have you ever seen those love scenes in the movies that start out with the woman cutting the mans hair and giving him a shave? Well....

I would rather groom him myself. I know what I want and how I want it done. He seems to like it that way too. He's not complained yet. ;)

And yes, I have also done his pedicures, manicures, facials, massages etc. :ph34r:;) Why let someone else have all the fun?

My guess is that he only remembers to complain about it when you have sharp objects and cutting tools in your hands and are near a sensitive area with them.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Gotta SISTER?!:o;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No, I am not turning metrosexual. The wifey set it up for me, and sure I enjoyed it. But my knowledge of tweezers, wax, and skin care products is limited and will remain limited. Furthermore, my clothing choices will remain the same - what can I get at Costco or Men's Wearhouse.

This explains my general dirtbag appearance when not working. I'd prefer that people form an outward image of me as a wimpy looking redneck.

I prefer not to rest my laurels on my outward appearance but to make my way in this world with my intellect, skills and discipline. I don't know if there is a term for that, but I think I'd prefer refine my mind as opposed to my wardrobe.

Sure, I'll keep an eye out for what the culture is doing and what the PR rags post as fashionable, but only to carry on an informed and intelligent conversation about it. As opposed to drawing attention to myself, I'd prefer to draw myself to people.

Sure, I'll keep an eye out for what the culture is doing and what the PR rags post as fashionable, but only to carry on an informed and intelligent conversation about it.

Might wanna get rid of that Naru Jacket for court though....:|

Might wanna get rid of that Naru Jacket for court though

It's "Nehru" jacket - named for Jawarharlal Nehru, prime minister of India for awhile...

See? A metrosexual would say, "Oh, that's SOOOO 40 years ago" or "retro fashion is coming back in a big way." I merely demonstrate my familiarity with the article and the societal implications of its popularity in a world becoming more open to ethnic diversity...

edited to add - okay, so I thought they wre cool then and cool now...

I pay $27 for a haircut at a "Men Only" salon, and that includes a 10 minute neck/scalp/shoulder massage, a beer or two, and they usually trim my ear hair and wax between my eyebrows. Occasionally I splurge on a shave and/or facial, and I've gotten a pedicure and my back waxed there (once each). I don't know if any of these things make me look any better, but they are pretty relaxing.

Blues,
Dave

That actually sounds like a good deal!
Remster

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Naru+Jacket&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-16,GGLG:en&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

It's "Nehru" jacket - named for Jawarharlal Nehru, prime minister of India for awhile...

Dood....yer SACRIN' me.:P

Not that you HAVE that knowledge...but that you would let US know you do!:ph34r:

LOL :D:D:D

I've got guys addicted to hair and facial products in the past..... And it's not because I want them to use it, they use mine and say WOW that's nice can you get me some. I've actually paid for a reserve repack with hair products. :D

I'm more particular about clothes - I like it when a guy dresses clean and sharp - nice SHOES are such a HUGE turn-on for me.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I'm more particular about clothes - I like it when a guy dresses clean and sharp

Even my wife admits that, despite my otherwise lousy attire, I know how to put together a suit. That suit you saw me in - that was MY doing, and it looked good.

It was her, however, that increased my shoe collection from three pairs to seven. And she keeps thinking I need more pairs. And belts, too.

nice SHOES are such a HUGE turn-on for me.

So, like, Tevas with socks? :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

A guy I dated several years ago asked his sharp-dressing good friend to help him out in the wardrobe department.

They went out to the outlets and the Sharp Dressed Man (SDM) hooked him up with the suave and silky ensembles. They were very particular about making sure there were no Guy Card violations - it was the manliest clothes shopping excursion ever.

I was forced to conclude that they couldn't be THAT close as friends however, when SDM failed to point out the effect of the thick tuft of hair poking up out of the back of the collar!!! :D:D:D Ewwwww!!

So in answer to the question: if regular clothing can't contain your body hair, wax that nasty shit.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

nice SHOES are such a HUGE turn-on for me.

So, like, Tevas with socks? :D:D:D

:D hmmm, well, I don't know what came over me.... :S

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?