Waldschrat

F111 canopy with low (lowest) packing volume

I am searching for a old or new 7-cell F111 canopy with at least 240 ft^2 which would fit in my 400cui Atom Millenium.
Also canopys from Base Manufacturer are welcome.
I will increase my accuracy.

Only if this the only reason i will go freepacked.(better not...)

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance..... :)

I am searching for a old or new F111 canopy with at least 240 ft^2 which would fit in my 400cui Atom Millenium.
Also canopys from Base Manufacturer are wellcome.

Only if this the only reason i will go freepacked.(better not...)

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance..... :)

Only thing I can think of that might get 240+ into 400ci would be to find an old Raven 3 and reline it with HMA.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

what about the new Trango from Atair??...i have ordered a 225(240PIA spec)..this canopy have a packvolum like maybe 170squarefoot..it comes standard with spectralines..this is a BASE canopy(NON vented)..

Here is a pricelist for from Morpheus technologi:
[Trango BASE Canopy: http://baserigs.com/
185 ft2 = PIA spec 200 $1600.00
205 ft2 = PIA spec 220 $1600.00
225 ft2 = PIA spec 240 $1650.00
245 ft2 = PIA spec 260 $1700.00
265 ft2 = PIA spec 280 $1700.00

Yes this is one option.....but i am afraid from the lower lifetime (20-30%) and sensitive material strenght......has the troll (non vented) also so little packing volume?

How can i convert approximate the PIA specs in cui?

Yes the trango is build for one purpose..SLIDER UP jump..and you could do atleast 200 jumps on it..maybe more..100 less than a Troll...but i don`t think you have to worry about the materiallstrenght...it`s build for BASE with only ONE canopy..and i guess you gonna use a sail slider for skydiving it??
The Troll have more packvolum(thicker material and dacronlines)..

"How can i convert approximate the PIA specs in cui?"

Give Stane at Atair a call about this, i guess he knows it, hi build those canopys...or maybe Robibird could chimes in here??
But anyway.. this canopy have a insane low packvolum...i can`t wait to i get my trango225 with the Razor rigg...the hole rig weight only 4kg..it must feels like jumping with a camelback....:ph34r:

I am searching for a old or new 7-cell F111 canopy with at least 240 ft^2 which would fit in my 400cui Atom Millenium.
Also canopys from Base Manufacturer are welcome.

You'd be able to jump your actual canopy, get a feel for sinking it in on slider up jumps, and perhaps spend less money if you just found a big old skydiving rig.

I paid about $700 for my J7 + Raven III which works for 222-280 square foot BASE canopies.

has the troll (non vented) also so little packing volume?

No.

The Trango is made of the same (or very, very similar) material as the PD low-bulk reserve (and is spectra not dacron lined). Atair says it will pack 30% smaller than the Troll, but also has 30% less lifetime and shouldn't be used slider down.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

has the troll (non vented) also so little packing volume?

No.

The Trango is made of the same (or very, very similar) material as the PD low-bulk reserve (and is spectra not dacron lined). Atair says it will pack 30% smaller than the Troll, but also has 30% less lifetime and shouldn't be used slider down.

didn`t i just say that??

Only if this the only reason I will go freepacked.(better not...)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Freepacking won't save much pack volume.

Deployment bags help reduce canopy volume by pre-compressing the canopy and keeping it neat while you close he container.

Freepacking allows you to more easily distribute the volume during closing. I found that packing my F111 245 into a container made for a 160ZP was impossible if it was in a bag, but possible, and ugly, if it was freepacked. Granted, I got tired of it so I bought a 24 year old Racer with a 22' round reserve and a 680 cu in main tray for $125 :)

A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ