valjumps46

What color are your eyes?

Bloodshot.[:/]

hahah thats pretty much what mine look like right now - but underneath the redness - i have brown eyes - SOMEtimes they get a little lighter but i'm a brown-eyed girl ;)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

With the number of people staying their eye color changes:

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug99/935716568.An.r.html

The choroid, ciliary body and the iris all form the middle layer of tissues in the eye, from the back to the front. This layer also contains different eye pigments. The iris at the front of the eye creates your pupil and it contains cells that make different amounts of pigment in different peoples.

Your eyes let light in , but also there is a reflex of light or a reflection of some of the light back off your retina. There is alot of red in your eye, for example, due to the blood supply in your retina. Your retina also has some layers of cells that make pigments as well. Generally these pigments are protective, like a shade, and help adsorb some of the light radiation that impinges upon your retina.

Persons with distant ancestry from brighter, sunny portions of the earth near the equator tend to have darker and browner skin, and eyes which are more protective against the ravages of prolonged sun exposure. Blond, blue-eyed persons have less eye pigments in the iris. Your exact eye color is a result of light reflecting off your iris, light shining through it, and even pupil size which thickens and thins the iris. Light also reflects and transmits differently though your cornea and sclera (white part of eye) depending on how wet it is, and how red your eyes may be from crying. So your eye colour may seem different at times. Also the pigment of the iris is really patchy if you look closely, so you may notice more yellow flecks in hazel eyes sometimes when close, but from farther away the iris may just seem a smooth even green. Most babies are born with blue eyes, and over several weeks they may get green to brown eyes as their iris cells make pigments.

Ken Mitton, PhD(UWO94)
Kellogg Eye Center
Dept of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
University of Michigan
[email protected]

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Blue.

Has anyone else noticed as I have over the years that a disproportionate (compared to the general population) number of skydivers have blue eyes.?
I have also noticed this amongst aviators in general.
Just check it out next time you get on board a jump plane. I would almost bet that more than half of the jumpers will be blue eyed.

they switch depending on my mood actually between sea blue and light green

I say mine are hazel but they switch bewtween green and brown ... depending on my mood (and so do my friends).

'Shell[/reply

Isn't that what Hazel is? Mine are the same usually green. Or so they were when hubby and I were having a staring contest at dinner and I said "What color are my eyes?" :P

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Isn't that what Hazel is? Mine are the same usually green. Or so they were when hubby and I were having a staring contest at dinner and I said "What color are my eyes?" :P

Sometimes they're more green than brown ... and sometimes more brown than green. Your's probably change like mine do. Depends on my mood, usually. Mine are normally more green than brown but I've had friends comment that "gee, your eyes look more brown today". Generally, I'm not in a 'great' mood when they say that.

'Shell
'Shell