ntrprnr

Elite Status -What are we?

2Fat got me curious. I'll start. NW might come in and kick my ass... Let's see... (All for 06/07)

Continental: Platinum
Starwood: Platinum
Hilton: Diamond VIP
Hyatt: Diamond
Avis: Chairman's Preferred
US Scare: Gold

Continental gets me upgrades, as does Starwood and Hilton. Avis gets me upgrades, but usually into a Lincoln Towncar or something, which makes me feel like I should be having dinner at 4:30pm.

US Scare doesn't give me shit.

Who next?

Take that shit to flyer talk where people care about it!

I've focused on two programs this year.

Gold on Alaska
Gold (almost Plat) on Marriott
Didn't fly United/partners enough this year to matter to them.

Don't think I have anything with the car companies currently since my travel has primarily been to places where a car is a liability (Toronto) or to a city with a client too cheap to pay for a car.:S (Atlanta).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

AA - Executive Platinum (Requalified for 2007 in 5 months :S)
Hertz - Presidents Circle (In my profile to never give me a car that my grandparents would drive - aka Grand Marquis)
Marriott - Platinum

I've flown a few others this year but not too much to really qualify for anything. I do have to say that I finally flew my 7th trip on Continental this year and, amazingly, they didn't lose my luggage (the other 6 trips they lost my luggage). It may have helped that I didn't check anything though so I will have to give them a little credit.
------
Michael

The older I get, the more I look at the platinum badges and think to myself : "LOSER"

Had them all... spent the best part of the 1980s and 1990s accumulating untold amount of status points... It's been nice over the last couple of years to spend some of those on my friend's needs (last minute issues for which they need help)... I still have a hefty points-based retirement account:

Delta: 600,000+
Marriott: 1,000,000+
Hilton: 600,000+
Avis, Continental, etc.etc.etc... avg about 200,000 a piece

Good Luck
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

The older I get, the more I look at the platinum badges and think to myself : "LOSER"

Yup. At least to me, spending half your life on the road for work is not a badge of status.

Ditto. When I was younger (fresh out of college) I thought it was cool. Now, I am looking to get out of my heavy-travel job (which was sold to me as MUCH lighter on the travel). When I can work from home, I do. I will push back on any "required" travel ... if I don't need to be in front of the client, I won't go. No longer do I feel a need to prove that I have a more grueling schedule than the next guy or gal.

I enjoy the perks of my elite status when I do have to travel a lot, but I will gladly take returning to "average peon" status to have the balance in my life back. I miss it.

I laugh at people who say "I wish I had your job!"
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You got it.

In my line of work, I've had to travel some but not excessively. I liked it that way. Now, my brother has been travelling weekly for so many years. He makes a shitload of money, but he'd give his left nut to be home more with his wife and sons.

Chris

I've only been traveling for work in the last 5 months...
So far only Silver on USAir and Silver Elite for Marriott. I'm working on it though.... 8 flights in 5 days this week... not jumping out of any of them[:/]
Why does it say "Append signature to post" when I don't have a signature?

2Fat got me curious. I'll start. NW might come in and kick my ass... Let's see... (All for 06/07)

Continental gets me upgrades, as does Starwood and Hilton. Avis gets me upgrades, but usually into a Lincoln Towncar or something, which makes me feel like I should be having dinner at 4:30pm.

Who next?

Show off.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Who next?

Show off.

When you get to the top, you can attain the top of the others easily by calling, speaking to the right person and telling them you're looking at switching to them. they will put you at the top to get your business.

20% of the travelers account for 80% of the business. Which group do you think gets taken care of better?
------
Michael

Elite Status -What are we?

I am guessing by your threads and over the past year everything you have told us about yourself and what you own and what you were the first person to do or own or the places you have gone that the answer to your question would be that you are 'a person who can never stop braggin about himself'.

A lot of people are in your position in this world but the skydivers that are in your position do not sit around writing posts in a way that you are trying to be sincere in asking a question when you are just disgusing the fact that it is just another post for you to tell people how much you have.... One day you will realise that most skydivers are very poor, well the jumpers that are 100% committed to the sport full time are very poor..... I mean, right now, i am sitting in a trailer on a dropzone freezing cold with a good 100 other trailers around me full with people and come to dropzone.com to hear you talking about diamond blah blah and vip blah blah and all this shit.

Sweet, you are loaded, but do you reackon you need to be publicly telling posting about all your rich ventures and all the things you own when the majority of people who read this site are ery poor and just do everything they can to be able to jump and give this sport all they have?

I have money, i have many properties that i own outright, but i aint going to sit there and rub in the faces of all the skydivers in the world. There are 35,000 plus people who visit this site and you are just putting all these posts up about how well off you are for the poor people to read... I mean, give us a break come on... enough all ready.

Yeah, yeah, this is going to be put in the bin cause someone spoke the truth about how they are taking your posts.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Wow! I didn't take the post like that at all.

Maybe you should just not read any of ntrprnr's post if you feel that way.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

just having a bad day

Well then, since you're man enough to admit it, then I guess I'll give you a vibe thing.

Mind you, I don't normally do this shit.

Hugs, Vibes.......hope it gets better.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

There are many that are on these forums that make their weekly, biweekly, etc. commute to the airport to fly off to their jobs. I am one of them. The topic of this thread was to see where the road warriors stood on their elite status with their various travel vendors.

Yes, Peter has toys. So do I - although not to the extent that Peter does. There are some here that have more than he does too.

You missed the point of the topic though - what is your elite status with your travel vendors? you don't have one? Sometimes I wish I didn't.

Move on...next thread.

btw, I'm assuming you've missed the thread where Peter is giving Skymama the keys to his pad in NYC for her vacation while he is out of town?

There are people that impress me on the forums, there are others that just annoy me. Some on here have no life beyond what they do here it seems.

back to ripping music and booking flights so I can spend even more days away from home not sleeping in my bed and enjoying my home in the place where I chose to buy and enjoy it...
------
Michael

ya know, I have been flying FL to CA round trips every week for over a month, with 2 more months in this project. Last week Mariott told me I hit some kind of elite status.

I have no idea what these type of status are worth. Room Upgrades? Big deal!
Car upgrades? They usually give me larger cars anyway, but I don't drive much while onsite...
Seat upgrades on flights? hmmm...

So, my question is 'what do you do with all those status upgrades?'

marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

There are many that are on these forums that make their weekly, biweekly, etc. commute to the airport to fly off to their jobs. I am one of them. The topic of this thread was to see where the road warriors stood on their elite status with their various travel vendors.

Yes, Peter has toys. So do I - although not to the extent that Peter does. There are some here that have more than he does too.

You missed the point of the topic though - what is your elite status with your travel vendors? you don't have one? Sometimes I wish I didn't.

Move on...next thread.

btw, I'm assuming you've missed the thread where Peter is giving Skymama the keys to his pad in NYC for her vacation while he is out of town?

There are people that impress me on the forums, there are others that just annoy me. Some on here have no life beyond what they do here it seems.

back to ripping music and booking flights so I can even more days away from home not sleeping in my bed and enjoying my home in the place where I chose to buy and enjoy it...

Perhaps you can cut bigway some slack. He did retract his statement. We all hit the reply button a little too quickly sometimes.

Peter sounds like a great guy, especially in regard to his generosity toward skymama.

I'm sure bigway is also a decent guy.

Chris