Kimblair13

Parachute with "built-in-turn"...

I don't know exactly why they turn...but it's not the lines, it's not the jumper sitting in the harness weird.
We have some parachutes that have a left hand turn now. I'm not sure why they weren't sent back. :S One that was "really bad" was sent back. But to me ANY turn is bad.
But we just got more, haven't jumped 'em yet...but everyones thinking these are gonna turn too. We'll see tomorrow...

I had canopy with the same problem and ended up measuring all the ribs to find a 2inch difference between the same cells on each side..
Be good to find out why your canopies turn just so you have something to get back to the manufacturer with.. I'd send them all back, as you say no canopy should have a built-in turn!

ha ha ha...the 285's aint workin uh?

this is the same problem i had with my "other" parachute remember kimmie? when i asked about it they said sometimes it's how it's sewn.

send them back to get fixed
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I don't know exactly why they turn...but it's not the lines, it's not the jumper sitting in the harness weird.
We have some parachutes that have a left hand turn now. I'm not sure why they weren't sent back. :S One that was "really bad" was sent back. But to me ANY turn is bad.
But we just got more, haven't jumped 'em yet...but everyones thinking these are gonna turn too. We'll see tomorrow...

Probably not worth asking, but are these canopies by any chance in adjustable MLW rigs (tandem/student), and if so, have those been checked?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Fixed! It happened to me once. I sent it back and my canopy was changed . Before I sent it back, I checked the lines, changed the rig, asked another jumper to fly it with different rigs and when I was sure it was the canopy, I sent it back to be fixed. They didn't find where was the problem and they sent a brand new one.

Probably not worth asking, but are these canopies by any chance in adjustable MLW rigs (tandem/student), and if so, have those been checked?

Yes, they are in rigs with adj. MLW's. But no, those have been checked and checked. Same canopies in different rigs with different jumpers. All same left turn. :S

Absoluetly i'd send it back to be fixed or replaced. A friend had a x-brace canopy arrive from a manufacturer with a built in left hand turn. He returned it to them and was sent another one, with exactly the same problem. That is in the process of being replaced as well.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky