shunkka

can M. Schumacher win this year?

ok
After Senna died i slowly become a M. Schumacher fan
he won 5 F1 championships
he is the best driver alive and a shittie man (we all know he is a shittie man)
the question is
CAN he win this year?

schumacher 72 pts
montoya 71 pts
kimi 70 pts

who do u think will be the next F1 champion and why?

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

he can win...
I want him to win, 'cause he is moving to my village... We already have ernesto bertarelli (the one who brought back the America's Cup in switzerland...errrr.. I mean in the island in the middle of europe);)
but I prefer to look at motoGP... far more exciting... and Sete Gibernau is the cousin of a beautiful friend of mine... and he lives 15km from my DZ
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

Not M.S.

Ferrari had an 'uncharacteristicly' slow start this season (read: possible fix to keep things interesting at the end?) and now it seems that there are other equally strong teams. Bridgestone, also, seems to have lost its advantage in the tire wars further eroding he dominance of the Red cars.

Nigel Mansell, of his championship winning Williams, said 'an ape could win in this car' - or words to that effect. With no disrespect to MS and his brilliance, he no longer has a sure thing in Ferrari.

My meagre wager would be on Montoya - more specifically on the BMW powerplant over the Mercedes. Williams have not had a recent win and the Red cars will be in their best form at Monza. This leaves only the US (well balanced) and Japan (handling) to go to clinch the cup. I say Montoya has the edge at US due to his Indy experience and Japan will come down to a reliability issue.

Dare I contempate a "Senna/Prost incident" for the cup??

-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

It will be nice if the 5 championships stay as they are. Because Fangio got 5, then Airton and L8r Shummi. But if he does, Congratulations to him he is a great athelete.

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

When I moved, I lost access to Speedvision and thus haven't been following F1 much, but I want Schumacher to win, not because of the man, but because of the car. Simply, an amazing car. There's no better example of racing technology permeating into the consumer market (Honda is a close second IMO). Ferrari has really come a long way in the past 10 years and I think it would give a little juice to Fiat to stick a big middle finger to GM too. ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

in my opinion it's not a question if he can win, he MUST win!!!!

i'm his fan since he started driving, ehm, 13 years (??) ago in Spa... i watched the race with my father, and was constantly asking him who this new guy is... and then as i got my first PC and the F1GP game, i was allways driving as Tommy Schumacher... of course, the shit he made is really fucked up, but still, he's the best driver in the world!

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

never been a shumi fan. I do respect him as a great driver, but dont like him.

I hope JP wins, but I think Kimi will.

i had the opportunity to jump with michael a few years ago when he came to eloy to make a tandem.
he paid for his whole crew (very large) to make jumps along with his wife. he liked it so much he went up and made another jump. i was very impressed with the way he treated his crew and how he conducted himself with the skydive arizona staff. seemed like a very likeable person. and he totally loved skydiving. he can't be all bad;)

Shumi rocks !!!
He will win --- deffinatley ;)
having said that - I think the next great driver is deffinatley Alonso ( 22 years old - youngest driver to win a F1)
I hope for Renaults sake his contract is air tight or he will be snapped up by the BIG Boys !!!

OH YEA AND
GO SHUMI GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace Be Da Journey

Only if he is driving the Williams...:o JPM and his BMW V10 will probably take the championship, though. Williams is already leading the manufacturers points and little brother is not far behind. Should be an exciting finish and the US GP will be awesome.B|

Ayrton never got 5... not even close.

He was FIA F1 World champion in 1988, 1990 and 1991.

That's 3, along with Jack Brabam in 1959, 1960 and 1966, Nikki Lauder in 1975, 1977 and 1984, Nelson Piquet in 1981, 1983 and 1987, Jackie Stewart in 1969, 1970 and 1973.

Then there's Prost with 4 in 1985, 1986, 1989 and 1993.

Then Fangio with 5 in 1951, 1954, 1955, 1956 and 1957

and Michael with 5 in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2001 and 2002.

(and I hope in 2003 - as I'm a Ferrari fan, even through their 20 year losing streak - and there's no way they'll win the constructors championship without him winning the drivers championship.)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I hope for Renaults sake his contract is air tight or he will be snapped up by the BIG Boys !!!

I beg to differ.

Renault is a big boy on its way back. Its taken a while with their engine in the beneton, but now that its their team, I'll bet ya that Renault will be rulling F1 again soon.
Remster

i had the opportunity to jump with michael a few years ago when he came to eloy to make a tandem.
he paid for his whole crew (very large) to make jumps along with his wife. he liked it so much he went up and made another jump. i was very impressed with the way he treated his crew and how he conducted himself with the skydive arizona staff. seemed like a very likeable person. and he totally loved skydiving. he can't be all bad

Mike:

That's a VERY cool side of MS that I'd never heard of before. Thanks for sharing.

I agree about your take on his 'personality'. Yes, he has mellowed, but for years the sheer arrogance of his persona bothered me. Of course, I was also not a Senna fan when he was alive for a similar reason... and then you hear of all his off-track philanthropy and reevaluate. MAybe MS is the same and the hard-boiled shell of a GP driver is just a necessary act.

I wonder if he or any of his crew continued to jump?

-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Renault is a big boy on its way back.

Ain't that the truth! Remember the Turbo years? Those guys were KINGS!

t

Word.

And even after, when (cloudy memory) they were the engines in the the Mclaren (or was it williams... damm I'm loosing it)..... nothing could touch them......

In any event, its damm nice to see 3 or 4 teams with competitive cars. We havent seen that in F1 in donkeys years! And thats when they had to scrap the Montreal races.. DAMM!!!>:(
Remster

I wonder if he or any of his crew continued to jump?

I would imagine it must be damn near impossible to stay a current jumper as part of an F1 team. Those dudes are all over the world on a real tight shedule of racing, testing, etc.

I do know that Michael climbs in the off season, and he ski's a lot too. As for his personality - his life is a mind game with the competition. To go out the day after your mother was buried and win a GP - That's serious mental strength.

t

To go out the day after your mother was buried and win a GP - That's serious mental strength.

...agreed. Like him or not, this type of single minded dedication is what has put him over his bro Ralf imho... not that he's any slouch behind the wheel either.

That said, he doesn;t have the advantage ofa world beater car/tyre combination this year to help him through those 'off' days. (...lapped???)

-Dave

But he did win a World Championship in a Beneton. (A what?)

That - and he's married and loves his wife and kids in a sea of playboys, women and temptation. That scores points in my book. With 3 weeks to the next GP, serious testing at Monza (In Italy) and 3 races to go - he's further in the lead than when the season started in Australia... but people don't see that.

t

The man has skills, never gives up - and he LOVES to win. How cool is that?

I think it's mathamatically improbable that he'll lose the championship at this stage. Kimi needs to win, and Michael must not score.

The Constructors championship is still wide open though, dispite Williams propensity for damaging Ferrari's this year.

I'll be watching the Japanese GP with great interest. 6 World Championships would be cool. Gonna take a while before anyone else gets there!

t