Jeth

What do ya think of this rig design?

Ok, opinions please. There is one pic of my original design and then some alternatives (different pinstriping and tie-dye location)

I had no idea what to pick, there are so many options to choose! I'm still not sure I will like this on the actual rig. I just know I love purple and yellow.

You can be honest. Does this work?

Thanks! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I think it looks like a seasick Strongbad vomiting on himself.

I think you're being easy on him. That might be the ugliest design I've ever seen. And I've seen rigs for resale that have been spray painted to hide what's underneath.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

its awfully busy for me. Also, some of those colors may not wear well over time, affecting resale.
it may be a long time in the future, but you probably be selling it at some time.

but then again what do I know. My rig is solid black. [:/]
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

its awfully busy for me.

I will never *smack* use more *smack* than three colours. *smack*
I will never *smack* use more *smack* than three colours. *smack*
I will never *smack* use more *smack* than three colours. *smack*:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

its awfully busy for me. Also, some of those colors may not wear well over time

Agree with what Hippie said ....

Plus, with that Pop Top, if you loose your freebag and have to replace it, it will most definately not look right because of sun fading issues.

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

Oh, gee, guess I'm a geek... I kinda like the tye-dye. :P;) But actually, the only reason I put it on there is cuz it's a free option this month.

Ok, its too busy? Geez, and I thought I wasn't using enough colors! ;) So should I get rid of the blue parts? What color is it U think won't age well? Are there objections to the purple/yellow combination? I think white looks nice with purple, but I didn't want to get white cuz it'll get dirty fast.

Thanks, guys! :)
BTW, I'm a girl. ;)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

Lose the tie-dye and replace it with adjacent colors. Post it again and let's see. I think it's got potential, though as others have said, the color fading may be an issue.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Lose the tie-dye and replace it with adjacent colors. Post it again and let's see. I think it's got potential, though as others have said, the color fading may be an issue.

What do U mean "adjacent" colors?
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

On a serious note.
its YOUR rig. Do what ever makes you happy. What ever you get, you have to live with until you sell it!
dont listen to us unless you REALLY arent sure what you want.

Ive seen the purple on older Wings fade over time. I have not had any experience with newer ones for a while.
Other bad choices: Pink, Orange, florecent green all have been traditionally bad to fade.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Ok, I replaced the tye-dye with the yellow and purple. Is this better? I was thinking about the pop top and what if I lost it. So are you saying the purple will fade more or the yellow?
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

This is a better use of the tie dye IMHO.

Ooo, I like that one! :)
See, thats why I asked. I know what I like, but I have no artistic tendencies whatsoever so I can't design anything.

Thanks. :)
PFRX!!!!!
My Jump Site

It looks better without the tie dye, but I don't like the blue with the purple. I wouldn't buy it used because of the color as it is now.

Personal preference is one thing, but if you intend to resell it, go more neutral.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.