skychick519

Releasing Ashes in FF

Coming up within the next month, I will be releasing a very small portion of my mother's and aunt's ashes in FF. It will probably only be a few tablespoons.

Can someone give me an idea of how I can go about doing this. What I really need is something to hold the ashes and easily release them.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Michelle

CLICK HERE TO SHOP! OR www.marykay.com/mfink519 - SHOP WITH ME, I WRAP FOR FREE! (I don't charge for shipping either.... yahooooo!)

I had the privledge of videoing a man who did an ash release tandem jump, in order to scatter a small amount of the ashes of his family member.....
he used a clear plastic tube, in the shape of a cigar tube..

he cut the bottom off. leaving a tube about 4 or 5 inches long and attached 2 corks,,,, one for each end...
The corks were connected to the tube with short lanyards.....
Prior to release the ashes were clearly visible to him,,,, in order to be sure they were intact and safe,,,,, The tube was secured to his left hand,,, corks still in place
After drougue deployment, and once I had positioned myself to his liking... HE used his right hand to pop both corks, and then airspeed and 'wind' took over and did the rest...
he waved his hand, and the puff of ashes was transferred into the sky.....
it worked well.....
peace
jimmyT

Great Ideas Guys! My cousin will be on a tandem and I will have him release the ashes. I believe i have a small plastic tube I can tape to his arm or I could even tape the plastic bag... great ideas....

Thanks Much! You are Awesome!
Michelle

CLICK HERE TO SHOP! OR www.marykay.com/mfink519 - SHOP WITH ME, I WRAP FOR FREE! (I don't charge for shipping either.... yahooooo!)

good deal

Full arm extension will be important, to keep the Ashes away from the TM's face, as well as your cousins' face...
and yes, securing the tube or bag is a good idea,,, rather than trying to hold it....maybe secure it to a glove, which can then be worn.

I hope that Mother Nature will cooperate with your plans:)
j

Is this like a velcro pouch that can be attached to the arm of a jumpsuit or worn around your forearm? I will be doing one soon with my mothers ashes. I was thinking of sewing a pouch like this so that all I have to do is flip open the velcro pouch when ready.

Michelle,

Although the attached pics are for the whole-body ashes, it'll give you an idea of how I release ashes as a longer smoke-flare-type of release in a wingsuit flight. Container began life as a copier toner cylinder. It's final use is far better, in my opinion.

Anyhow, all the best for releasing some of your mum's ashes. She'll fly free forever.

fergs

I was on an "RW" ash jump with another jumper, and he used the ziplok plastic bag trick. He held the bag in both hands, and after I released his arms and moved back, zipped the bag open slightly, stuck one finger in to keep a good hold of it, then opened it the rest of the way and the ashes left all at once. It made a large white cloud right above us that was seen by the rest of the family from the ground even though we were 9000 agl at release. Some of the ashes were also released that day by his siblings doing tandem jumps with very small quantities of ashes in a small jar or 35mm film container. Extend arms, remove the lid, tip it slightly and let the relative wind do the rest.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....