SeanSolo

How much would you pay...

For:

Vector II with 500 jumps, Sabre 190 with 350 jumps, PD 193 with no jumps, and with an out of date Cypres (DOM 1994).

The container, main, and reserve are all from '92. I'm gonna have to get a BOC conversion which will probably be, ehh, fourty bucks.

So, altogether, how much would you pay for the complete rig?

Also, are Sabres any good. Some people tell me they give hard openings and this one is from '92 so... should I get a Spectre instead?[:/]
Cookie Firecrotch
"Don't you know who I am!? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!"

>Some people tell me they give hard openings and this one is from '92 so... should I get a Spectre instead?

If you dislike hard openings you may want to go with a softer-opening canopy like a Spectre or Pilot. You can add a pocket slider to the Sabre to slow it down if you wish.

I personally would not buy this setup. My first was a dolphin w triathlon 190 and tempo res and cypres for 1200 and i jumped it for bout 100 jumps then sold for 100 dollars cheaper. Sabre 1's suck don't buy it
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

If you dislike hard openings you may want to go with a softer-opening canopy like a Spectre or Pilot. You can add a pocket slider to the Sabre to slow it down if you wish.

or i could get a slider off a tandem rig right. that should work...:ph34r:
Cookie Firecrotch
"Don't you know who I am!? I'm the Juggernaut Bitch!"

I have several friends that have been snapped hard on a Spectre. I ended up in the ER that way, one had 2 compression fractures. Doesn't make it a crappy canopy though.

I knew when I bought the sabre it had a rep for hard openings, just never actually had one. For a first canopy it isn't a bad choice.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I have a Talon 2 , Saber 190 Dom 92 as well and a Raven IV reserve. I payed $1600 (Canadaian) for it and $50 for the ROL to BOC conversion.

I Called PD befor I jumped it because of so many people saying the are spankers. The slider size on it it was to large for what PD recomended so i swped it out to the recomended size. I haven't had a hard opening on it yet. I pro pack with rolling the nose and seames to behave well.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

$1000 seems reasonable. Condition can change that price, though.

Keep in mind, while old gear can be perfectly useable, gear from '92 is 15 year old technology. Just something to keep in mind.

Sabre's are unpredictable. Some people say there are good ones and bad ones. Some people have hard openings occasionally, some have them all the time, some never have them. If this is something you're OK with, than make the choice.

A Vector 2 is not freefly safe. I haven't heard of riser tabs.. maybe you meant changing the riser covers from velcro to tuck tabs. That won't do anything for the freefly aspect. If you are planning on freeflying, don't buy a Vector 2.

Keep in mind that you don't have to buy a complete rig. You can get better deals by piecing gear together. Biggest thing is finding a container that fits you and that will fit appropriate sized canopies. After that, the canopes are usually fairly easy to come across. I put together a basically brand new Wings rig minus Cypres for roughly $1600.

Off the top of my head -

>Vector II with 500 jumps

$300-$400

>Sabre 190 with 350 jumps

$400 depending on condition

>PD 193 with no jumps

$700-800 depending on number of repacks. (It's usually the number of repacks, not the number of jumps, that determine how much life a PD reserve has left.)

>and with an out of date Cypres (DOM 1994).

Should be free. Give em $40 if he insists.