CSpenceFLY

The movie White Noise.

So I just got done watching the movie and just wondering what everyone thinks.Do you believe in the spirit world and does anyone have any good stories?When I was a kid we use to leave a tape recorder in a cemetary close to my house and then listen to the tapes.I swear we would hear stuff on the tapes.

Yes, I believe in life after death, and that perhaps communication is possible. Further, I've had enough experiences to validate - for me - that this belief is not unfounded.

While I thought the movie was silly, the premise is real. There is lots of EVP out there for people to investigate, some quite convincing. While I'm no physicist and no one will ever accuse me of being the sharpest tool in the shed, I do think that perhaps this is communication...but I haven't tried it for myself. I don't think I'd do the graveyard thing, though, if I ever did decide to try and see what I could find out for myself.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Have you ever seen The Grudge?
Hahahaha... I will never get over the kid doing this face :o and making that crackly noise... OMG so scary...

I agree. the Japanese Horror genre is brilliant at that kind of spookiness, even when it's copied by Hollywood. The kid looking through the elevator window on each floor as it goes up and the weird walking motion by the girl breaking through the boundaries of the TV in The Ring are two other scenes which creeped me out for some time. Visuals like that are much better than excessive blood and gore.

Anyway, so as not to hijack the thread, White Noise had a good initial idea, but the explanation behind the events of the movie at the end sucked.

As for life after death, I believe that when we die that's it, game over, we go back to that nothingness we 'knew' before we were conceived. Anything associated with ghosts, past lives, communication from the dead and other such things are all part of the human brain doing things we don't understand yet (like dreaming) and our individual personalities converting those unknowns into something tangible and explainable we can mentally grasp.

A Volcano is erupting ? Oh it must be an angry god doing that.
I can't see beyond the straight line that forms the horizon. That must mean the world is flat.

History is replete with instances where our understanding of the time has been superseded by more logical explanations. As a result my belief isn't an arrogant one. If such voices and apparitions come from the dead, the mind or another dimension then I'll be happy when it's proved to be so.
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I didn't ask if the movie sucked.Damn ADHD.

ADHD does suck,

So I just got done watching the movie and just wondering what everyone thinks.

I think she thinks is sucks. :P

I don't beleive in the spirit world. So no good stories. Althought I have heard plenty from people that they think when it gets cold all of a sudden in a particular spot in a room they think it is a ghost.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

So I just got done watching the movie and just wondering what everyone thinks.Do you believe in the spirit world and does anyone have any good stories?When I was a kid we use to leave a tape recorder in a cemetary close to my house and then listen to the tapes.I swear we would hear stuff on the tapes.

You do know that living people sometimes visit cemetaries too, right ? :P;)

No, I don't believe in any form of afterlife and/or spirit world. If science cannot explain something to me then I can still accept "We just don't know yet" as an explanation, rather than accepting supernatural theory as an alternative.
IMO, when we move on it's total oblivion. People who wonder about "Where will I go when I die?" should also consider the question "Where was I before I was born?" People seem to easily accept that they were in a state of oblivion prior to conception, but remain in denial that they may return to a state of oblivion when they die. The one should not be harder to accept than the other.