PLFXpert

Double-Clicking My Mouse...

Forget optical mice, get a trackball. The balls are bigger, you can get your whole hand around them, prevents 'Repetitive Strain Injury' on your wrist and there's less chance of getting stray pubes caught in the mechanism. ;)
Gerb

I stir feelings in others they themselves don't understand. KA'CHOW !

I like you.

Before I bought my new computer (which is flipping awesome!) my old, college computer needed a good bang on the side of the tower to make the color work properly.:D

I like this solution.

Quite seriously I do have to pick it up and bang it down to get it to work. Billy finds this hilarious. I look like a psycho internet monger everytime I use my computer.:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

But it's so satisfying to restore the mouse to cleanliness and workingness .

And the instructions really just say "look at it, see how it's put together, take it apart, see what looks like dirt, remove, put back together."

But...but...you're a rocket scientist.:P

Chris

That's what I was thinking when I saw her write "the hold-it-in thingy" ...a mass of technical knowledge...:ph34r:
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

blech...ptui!
I hate trackballs myself...reminds me of the missle control stations from my Navy days...I prefer the rodent. Optical. No mousing surface usually required.
Plus I use the keyboard more than the rodent anyway...:P

Buy a new mouse - they're friggin cheap unless you go for the classy, high-end models! The last one I bought for someone was $8. Clone yes, but it is a decent rodent.
JMO..

I didn't say "hold it in thingy", I said "tray table roll-out thingy."

That's furniture, not hardware, Captain Whiz.:P

I might not know the proper word for the little roll-out table on my desk that you put the keyboard & mouse on, but...

At least I know what waynescotting is, G.B|

I have the high-end classy keyboard.

But, the run-of-the mill mouse. I upgraded my keyboard. I thought a mouse was a mouse. From Jerry to Mickey.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out right now over it, actually. I have to highlight a lot and copy paste and it will not roll over the text to highlight.

I could run out and get a new one right now but...then there's the matter of plugging it in. The way my desk is set-up all the plugs that stay plugged in (like the mouse) are REALLY hard to get to. Obviously, as previously mentioned, I'm not one to take it apart just to have a looksy.:S:P

I LOVE this desk...but it's heavy and sits up against the two entire walls & a corner. Hard to explain...but trust me, plugging in the new mouse will be a major task.[:/]

I didn't say "hold it in thingy", I said "tray table roll-out thingy."

That's furniture, not hardware, Captain Whiz.:P

I might not know the proper word for the little roll-out table on my desk that you put the keyboard & mouse on, but...

At least I know what waynescotting is, G.B|

Not you, what Wendy said...and I still mis-quoted her..she said: "springy hold-it-in roller". :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I have the high-end classy keyboard.

But, the run-of-the mill mouse. I upgraded my keyboard. I thought a mouse was a mouse. From Jerry to Mickey.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out right now over it, actually. I have to highlight a lot and copy paste and it will not roll over the text to highlight.

I could run out and get a new one right now but...then there's the matter of plugging it in. The way my desk is set-up all the plugs that stay plugged in (like the mouse) are REALLY hard to get to. Obviously, as previously mentioned, I'm not one to take it apart just to have a looksy.:S:P

I LOVE this desk...but it's heavy and sits up against the two entire walls & a corner. Hard to explain...but trust me, plugging in the new mouse will be a major task.[:/]

Your solution:

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

;)

I avoid using my mouse too much. You can highlight with these steps:

Put your cursor at the start of the text. Hold the shift key and use your arrow keys in combination of the page down as well to highlight what you need. Then CTRL-C to copy then CTRL-V to paste.

Walaaa!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

That's it!

I do use shortcuts all the time and am familiar with most.

But highlighting I've always done with my mouse.

I kept holding the control key instead of shift trying to highlight that way.

Excellent.B| I will lobby for the techies to change this shortcut, though. It only makes sense to use the control key b/c when you want to select several different items in a series, that's what you use. So why switch to the shift key when highlighting? That's silly.>:(

It's still faster to do it with your mouse, though, if your mouse actually works.:(

I could run out and get a new one right now but...then there's the matter of plugging it in. The way my desk is set-up all the plugs that stay plugged in (like the mouse) are REALLY hard to get to. Obviously, as previously mentioned, I'm not one to take it apart just to have a looksy.

I LOVE this desk...but it's heavy and sits up against the two entire walls & a corner. Hard to explain...but trust me, plugging in the new mouse will be a major task.

You're fucked then....and not in a good way.:P

BTW, no mouse problem should be discussed, re-discussed, discussed again, blah, blah, blah. Just get a new mouse, flirt with the zit covered Staples boy and bam its installed.:P

Chris

I got a mousepad just because my wrist started hurting. Basically I'v been doing fuck all for the past month, been on the computer a lot, so much my wrist started hurting. One day I saw this weird mousepad, it had a pad where you rest your wrist, got it, and my wrist doesn't hurt anymore.

It doesn't make my mouse work any better though.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.