kenneth21441

MC-4 Parts

Anyone have an ideal of where to get some parts for the MC4. I recently came across a used MC4 that is missing the main and reserve ripcord, cut away handle/ cables, main and reserve deployment bag.

Thanks,

Ken.
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

I have gotten most of my parts on Ebay, but the handles are the most difficult to find. I got lucky and was able to bu ya black MT-1X harness from Ebay a while back and got 2 uncut canopies through Ebay also.

Check your DZ to. I bought a complete MC-4 system a couple months ago for $250. The guy was tired of it.

I haven't been able to jump either system yet, so don't ask. :P

The MC-4 needs a repack and the MT-1X needs to be put together. Will do it when life settles down soon.

If you PM me, I will send you someone's name and emaill address in Florida. I got my canopies from him.

David

Para-Flite will not sell their military items to skydivers. They are having fits as it is with so many MC-4's on the civilian market. Canopies and harnesses are fairly easy and cheap to come by, but the bags and handles are scarce and expensive. Many MT-1XX and MC-4 rigs are on e-bay at times but most are incomplete.

Anyone have an ideal of where to get some parts for the MC4. I recently came across a used MC4 that is missing the main and reserve ripcord, cut away handle/ cables, main and reserve deployment bag.

Thanks,

Ken.

Someone you might want to get in touch with is Sally Hathaway at Paragon Rigging in Z-Hills. IIRC when I was going through AFF and on to my A she did work on a military rig for a jumper there.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Same here - no go with Para Gear. These items are very hard to find in original GI mil-spec. Pilot chutes can be swapped ( Grabber, 44 Magnum, etc) but everything else should be GI. Intact, complete rigs are getting scarcer all the time. Ripcords are listed in P/G's catalog but they won't sell them to civilians.

I sent an inquiry to paragear about getting the main and reserve of my mc4 relined. I take it based on what is being posted here, they wont reline it for a civie? In that case, are civilian riggers able to reline or where can I go for that?

This rig is in fantastic shape. A friend sold it to me. It just needs relining, a reserve packjob, and its basically good to go.

~Tim

The lines were demil'd - cut off and removed. They do that when rigs are released from military quartermaster or lofts. I have a few Mc-1s (airborne static line 35 foot parabolic combat rigs) that once were de-mil'ed as well, and a rigger ends up having to remedy that.

And to concur, the reserve, like main, is in mint condition.

~Tim

It was probably mine - she packs my MC-4 reserves for me.

I Don't believe so since the person jumping the rig had about 50 jumps. Why can't I remember his name?
He kept saying, "Hello my American friends." With a mid eastern accent.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192