tdog

Remote Control Helicopter

Unless you have money to throw into the wind and you like smashing and repairing things, I would strongly suggest you try a simulator like "Great Planes Real Flight R/C sim". It has all different types of helicopters and planes that you can try out. You'll soon fine it will pay for itself in no time. It also lets you try new tricks before risking it out on the real thing.
As they say, Its not if you are going to crash, but when you are going to crash.

do you use a govener on your 50?

Yes, I have the Curtis gov. I have to say that it is the best single thing I have done to my heli. I now can flip and flop with no worries. It is about 100.00 bucks and well worth it. Very easy to set up.

I would recomend that you know how to set the curves and set them as close to perfect as possible, in case it breaks, ect...And then slap a Gov on.

The O.S. 50 hyper is the best engine i have ever owned

I blew a hole in the piston on one of mine. A guy at the field gave me a new hyper, and then GP sent me a new one. I tried to give the guy the new one. But he told me to keep it as a spare, very cool. So now I have a new hyper and a regular OS .50 sitting in a box...Also another guy today just gave me a CY muscle pipe. And another just offered me his spare JR Voyager to "borrow" to pull all the stuff in. Hell at this rate I just need some guy to give me a few servos and I'll have a free copterB|

In other news I just flew backwards inverted 8's today...Way trippy.

I caved and ordered a case of 30% last night. Ya know, for special occasions

I use 30 all the time...And a guy just gave me a bottle for Christmas. This has been my week!

Anyone got the G3 sim?

Coheese..Got a sim at all?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Backward inverted 8s.:D You're killin me.

no sim here, but i have playstation's r/c stunt copter. would need to up grade my computer and i would rather just fly for real. I know i need a sim.:S

ok I'll get a gov. but i don't even have a metal head or grips yet. Trying not to blow it up so soon. Thought the 15 % would keep me tame, but i think it's better to pay for the better performance and more consistant rapid power etc.

btw, you suck. I'm using the radio mitt and hand warmers up here. :P:|:D

Backward inverted 8s. You're killin me

My goal is to take off and fly a regular fig 8. Then as I cross in the center, roll inverted and do a fig 8...(Got this far already). Then when I get to the center again, flip and do a backwards inverted fig 8. Then when back in the center, roll and do an upright backwards fig 8.

I also need to upgrade my gyro. The 401 just does not hold that great, and when I do piros, it does not do them smoothly.

I know i need a sim

You don't need one, but they help. I have an old G2 that works OK, but I have the G3.5 that is much better.

but i don't even have a metal head or grips yet.

Don't need them. I am flying 30% with the sceadu plastics. I know lots of others doing the same.

I'm using the radio mitt and hand warmers up here

Move:P
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334