pre7117

DISLOCATED FOOT

The length of time is dependant on the injury, location and the amount of damage that was done -

Have you seen the orthopedist?????
Have you been being good and following the instructions they gave you?
Did you ever have any further xrays done?
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Dislocations typically involve ligament damage. Ligament damage can take months to heal, assuming it actually DOES heal.

My best friend in college dislocated his ankle. it bothered him intensely for about two months and bothered him a lot for the next six.

It's like any joint damage. I blew out my knee in 1993, and it still bothers me..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

how did you dislocate your foot? it should be right there and the end of your leg.:S

Sorry I had to do it.

If it had been three months and you still have problems I would go see a Dr.

tendon/ligaments don't heal quickly and walking on it isn't going to help it.
My photos

My Videos

When I went to the emergency room I had xrays and MRI done and there was no ligament damage or any fractures. They told me it just popped out and they popped it back in. Maybe I shouold go and make sure they didnt miss anything:S
HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113

fucking OUCH.

I would definitely get a 2nd opinion.

Granted this was 20 years ago and not the same dr.s
but My brother SHATTERED his ankle and the ER told them that it was just a pulled tendon.

Yep, it was AFTER they looked at the xays.
he washome for a day before my mother took hom back up because his foot was swollen up like star jones.
My photos

My Videos

. . . anyone can tell me how long it wil take to be able to walk normal.

4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes and 43 seconds . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

When I went to the emergency room I had xrays and MRI done and there was no ligament damage or any fractures. They told me it just popped out and they popped it back in. Maybe I shouold go and make sure they didnt miss anything:S

Sometimes the fracture can show up later -can ya tell i work in er??? I am impressed that they did an MRI - that is not typical. You should be following up with somebody especially with the continued swelling and pain just to make sure there isn't a fx there. Did you jump at the boogie??? If you did, that could be the problem. Typically foot fx take 8-12 weeks to heal, but some of them can take longer especially if there is a particular bone involved due to the lack of blood flow to the area. Soft tissue damage can take longer depending on the type of damage that was done. They should have given you a referral to either a family practice doc (if you don't have a doc) and maybe even to an orthopedist for follow up - depending on the damage that was done. That is what we would have done up here - but I guess it could be different where you are at.:(
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

. . . anyone can tell me how long it wil take to be able to walk normal.

4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes and 43 seconds . . .

THat not bad for a protologist. but Feet take longer to heal.
My photos

My Videos

A second opinion would be a good idea. I sublocated my shoulder and the doctor said that all I needed was a few months to heal. For months later it popped out on my 3rd skydive since the injury and I had to have surgery to fix it:S. The new doctor had said the old doctor missed some torn ligaments and it was so loose it popped out right after leaving the plane. You can see it go on the video.

I hope you feel better soon[:/]
Fly like a girl