Zing

Maybe he should take a rig along

Another great bit of journalism. I found this on the Associated Press news wire.

REYNOLDS FEARS FLYING AFTER NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE

VAN WILDER star RYAN REYNOLDS is terrified of flying after he went sky-diving and his parachute failed to open. The 30-year-old was traumatised by the incident and has found it hard to step onto an airplane ever since. He explains, "When I was 17 years old, I took a skydiving course and it was just awful, every second of it was just truly horrendous. "On my 13th jump, I jumped out of the plane and my chute failed. It came out the wrong way, I had to pull the reserve. "I got down on the ground, removed my urine-spackled jumpsuit and threw it at the guy and got in my car and drove extremely slowly home. It was the worst. Now I get on planes and I can't do it anymore. "The first thing that I think about when I get in the aircraft is I look around at all the people and think, I'm gonna die with these people. I think I should get to know everyone before we die.'"

18/01/2007 20:24
Zing Lurks

Another great bit of journalism. I found this on the Associated Press news wire.

REYNOLDS FEARS FLYING AFTER NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE

VAN WILDER star RYAN REYNOLDS is terrified of flying after he went sky-diving and his parachute failed to open. The 30-year-old was traumatised by the incident and has found it hard to step onto an airplane ever since. He explains, "When I was 17 years old, I took a skydiving course and it was just awful, every second of it was just truly horrendous. "On my 13th jump, I jumped out of the plane and my chute failed. It came out the wrong way, I had to pull the reserve. "I got down on the ground, removed my urine-spackled jumpsuit and threw it at the guy and got in my car and drove extremely slowly home. It was the worst. Now I get on planes and I can't do it anymore. "The first thing that I think about when I get in the aircraft is I look around at all the people and think, I'm gonna die with these people. I think I should get to know everyone before we die.'"

18/01/2007 20:24

Did Lutz cahnge his name?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Every student is scared shitless for at least the first 20 jumps. I look back and can remember driving to the DZ and as soon as I made the last turn I would hope for a windy day so they wouldn't let me jump. After about 20-25 jumps it went away. The only thing I thought about was my parachute opening and if a student has a mal during the scared period I would think they would stop. I have seen a lot of students get scared and quit. I don't blame the guy, most of us who jump have a little bit more push to get us past that point. If you think about it, most skydivers are very successful people that push themselves that little bit in life.
HELLFISH 429
POPS 11113