lilDevil

Has anyone ever had this problem

Anyway I have come to a conclusion I will now only date skydivers !

I wish you luck. After my break up with another skydiver this past summer, I looked at the options available to me for dating only skydivers. The chances aren't great considering the number of jumpers in my area, the fact that I'm a heterosexual male and my age, I'm 50.

I've given up on dating another skydiver. Frankly, just dating a whuffo would be a change. In the past twenty odd years I've had 2 relationships and now I've leaned to be satisfied with being alone. I just don't know how to meet women anymore.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

well im sorry to hear that you shouldnt give up ! im well over 40 and im never gonna give up I have a hell of a lot to offer the right person if they let me be ME
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

OK thanks, but if my head hurts im not going to jump ok

Personally, I've found that sex really seems to alleviate a headache. You might need to explore that option......stay home with BOB! :ph34r::D:D

how did you know my name was Bob:$
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I asked a girl I had dated a few times if she wanted to come and try a tandem the next weekend and she never called me back after that... lol

Thats how i started jumping, met a guy who jumps did a tandem, did my AFF then he decided we werent suited go figure
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

I asked a girl I had dated a few times if she wanted to come and try a tandem the next weekend and she never called me back after that... lol

Thats how i started jumping, met a guy who jumps did a tandem, did my AFF then he decided we werent suited go figure

Yeah, I got into it because an ex-gf had always wanted to fly and had expressed an interest in skydiving someday... So for her next birthday I surprised her by bringing her to Byron, CA for her FJC and AFF1. Yeah, I got a lot of crap for that... Never again! But it got me jumping, so it didn't turn out to be all that bad...
Gravity Waits for No One.

Anyway I have come to a conclusion I will now only date skydivers !

Don't close the door on whuffos. You just need to find a man, any man, who has enough self-esteem that he isn't threatened by his woman being happy. A good partner will be happy for you that you have a passion and will tell you to go skydive if that light in your eyes is missing. Good luck!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

well im sorry to hear that you shouldnt give up ! im well over 40 and im never gonna give up I have a hell of a lot to offer the right person if they let me be ME

Giving up on dating another skydiver is just plain math in my case.

In Alberta there is at best 300 skydivers. They are about evenly split between to centres, Calgary and Edmonton, that are 3.5 hours apart. So at best there are 150 skydivers in my city. If we say that at best 30% of those are women, that leaves 45 women skydivers in my city. Now how many of those are over 40 (an arbitrary limit since I'm 50), at best 10% so I am left with about 5 women that are potential for dating. Since I know all the women over 40 that skydive in my city and all 5 of them are in relationships, I pretty much have to date a whuffo if I'm ever going to have a date again.

Now if I remove the arbitrary limit of the women have to be over 40, the numbers are better. Just have to find a young skydiving female that wants to date an older man :P

Some how there doesn't seem to be too many of those young ladies. If you know any, maybe we can talk them in to coming to Canada. The skiing is great in the winter, but skydiving is limited at this time of year.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if anyone has already said this:

YOU should have dumped HIM when he said he, "...was jelouse about me doing something that makes me happy."

Issues + baggage...miserable realtionship.

Uh...but skydivers??????
Fryin' pan, fire....ruh roh.
I would suggest a wuffo that wants to skydive.
That way, you could train him properly!:D;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sure, I have the same problem. Well, maybe a bit more serious. I am divorcing a guy after 16 years (2 kids) because he is jealous of skydiving. I could not put up with the abuse I was getting. He just didn't know how to deal with my passion. Lack of confidence or lack of passion on his behalf. People that have nothing that fulfills them, that have no dreams, will do anything to prevent you from living yours. I tried reasoning with him for three years, balancing every aspect of our life, it just didn't seem to work. Only thing acceptable for him would have been me quitting. Well that was not acceptable for me. This is not the happiest of endings, but did he really love me if he was ready to deny me happiness skydiving brings to me. After all, I want to show my children that they should be fighting for their passions and that they deserve respect if they find one of their own, without having to apologize to family members or anybody.
I have never neglected my family for skydiving, I simply stopped doing what my ex planned for our day off. No one should have to chose between a sport and (already fragile) marriage. Family comes first, but I would not be complete if I gave up jumping. My kids would never want me too!!!! Go figure....
From now on, if there is no skydiving on a resume, I am not going out on a date. It would be a waste of time.... they'd nod their head when you tell them how passionate you are about your sport, and then make a statement like "that's nice, but skydiving isn't the only "fun" thing ......."
They just don't get it - it is my water, it is the air I breathe.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!