SkydiveStMarys

Is anyone still doing the running thing?

After a 2.5 month layoff due to a stress fracture in my left shin, I'm back in the gym and in Central Park, training for the Boston Marathon in April. Feels great to be running again! B|

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

After a 2.5 month layoff due to a stress fracture in my left shin, I'm back in the gym and in Central Park, training for the Boston Marathon in April. Feels great to be running again! B|

You made the time qualification to enter Boston?? What do you have?

17 years ago I ran the Columbus marathon with a goal of beating 2:10 so I could get to Boston. Hit the wall at 21 miles and finished in 2:29. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I feel like a real lazy asshole. Stress piled on from work for a couple months, started rock climbing again somewhere in the middle of that, and right when I was finally sick of not having run at all in recent memory, I got an ankle injury climbing. Just recovered from that, but it's strengthened my resolve. In two running sessions, Sunday and tonight, I managed to drop my 2 mile time from 17 flat to just over 15 minutes. I'm down to 7 1/2 minutes per mile again, even if it's just for 2 miles.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I may not be doing as much distance running as normal. I'm starting a new workout to fill the next four months while I apply to become a police officer in Washington, DC. Although to be honest, I'm going to try to design a hybrid workout, because I love distance running, and I can't foresee doing less of it.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche