Superman32

So you're thinking about Med School

DON'T
It f'ing sucks. It's now 3:30 am and i've been here since 9:00 am (again).
There's more info that anyone could ever know, shoved down your throat and you only a few hours for learn (memorize) it until the next day comes with an even bigger mountain.

I wish I had time to REALLY learn this stuff.

--
Little piece of trivia:
Did you know that most med students don't go to class. It's a waste of time.
I missed the days that I would skip class and do something fun, but now, its just like the weekends -- Just more time to study.

BTW. I REALLY WANT TO F'ing JUMP.
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

DON'T
It f'ing sucks. It's now 3:30 am and i've been here since 9:00 am (again).
There's more info that anyone could ever know, shoved down your throat and you only a few hours for learn (memorize) it until the next day comes with an even bigger mountain.

I wish I had time to REALLY learn this stuff.

--
Little piece of trivia:
Did you know that most med students don't go to class. It's a waste of time.
I missed the days that I would skip class and do something fun, but now, its just like the weekends -- Just more time to study.

BTW. I REALLY WANT TO F'ing JUMP.

Quit whining. It'll pay off.

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it however"

The long hours don't end when you get your diploma, unless you become a psychiatrist or something like that. I went to work Monday morning and got off last night a 9. I work today, am off tonight, go to work in the morning at 9am and get off Monday morning at 6am. It's fun though.

And you should never really want to stop studying....if you want to be good at what you do. Amazing how you can come to love it though.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

All through law school I said to myself, "If i had studied like this in undergrad I'd have been a Rhodes freaking Scholar."

It'll be over before you know it, and then you'll hit residency, when you'll learn what sleep deprivation and stress is really about! These are the best years of your life for the next 20 years, bro. Pay now or pay later. I think you've made the right choice!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

80 hours is what you write on your time card so your program doesn't get put on probation.....not what you actually work.

NOOOO! Say it isn't so! :P

But even so, you get used to it pretty quick. And the hours still aren't as bad as they were a few years ago. I've even made time to do an extra 120 hrs a month moonlighting. Med school used to seem kinda stressful....lol. Remember?
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

80 hours is what you write on your time card so your program doesn't get put on probation.....not what you actually work.

NOOOO! Say it isn't so! :P

But even so, you get used to it pretty quick. And the hours still aren't as bad as they were a few years ago. I've even made time to do an extra 120 hrs a month moonlighting. Med school used to seem kinda stressful....lol. Remember?

Yeah, every time you take a new step up you look back and go..."Damn we had it easy"

Although lately I am getting a few crops of medical students coming through and thinking "You know, I know we were stupid, but there is NO way we were THAT stupid."

It makes baby jesus cry.

Just wait until you're licensed. Then you'll have ungrateful retards blaming you for not fixing all the problems in their lives.

MD: "I told you to take medication X for problem Y. And diet and exercise! And stop smoking and drinking!"
PT: "Too much medication makes me sick. I like smoking - you can't tell me what to do. Plus I'm poor because I never bothered to do anything with my life and get a job so that I could pay for my healthcare. Somebody should do something to help me out. My life sucks and it is all YOUR fault! I'm SUING!!!"

The gratitude is never ending. I hope you will have time to enjoy the money that you'll make.
Why don't you just play 'chicken' on the railroad tracks? It would be a cheaper way to toy with death, I'm sure.

CWR #2 - "You SAID collision!"