Andy_Copland

Kitty Washing Machine

Totally not looking to start a fight, but the cat is obviously beyond scared. That's not funny - that's sad to put an animal who's obviously terrified through it.

That's just mean, in my opinion.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the humor does not lie in the torturing of a cat. It lies in the fact that some poor, unsuspecting couple was trying to do something good, and something totally unexpected happened. And now everything is fine and no one is hurt.

Sort of like the time when I was a kid and I tried to do something nice for my family and clean out the fireplace the day after we had a fire. What I didn't realize is that there were still some hot coals in the fireplace and they ended up burning huge holes in the carpet. At the time it sucked, but now, it's funny.

So yeah, I think the video is funny. And apparently so does the guy who posted it, given his choice of background music. If you read the comments on youtube, the music was added by the guy to videoed it, and they feel really bad, but also think it's funny.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the humor does not lie in the torturing of a cat. It lies in the fact that some poor, unsuspecting couple was trying to do something good, and something totally unexpected happened. And now everything is fine and no one is hurt.

It was funny - for the first, oh, 10 seconds or so. And then it just became cruel and torturous. There was an emergency stop button; it should've been used once the owners realized the kitty was panicking. I sat there, for the next 30ish seconds, watching, waiting for them to stop and get into that poor cat...and it didn't happen.

There comes a point wherein the word "torture" can be used...and knowing that this poor cat was wigging out like it was...and leaving it there, with the water continuing - well...that's torture imho. And this is not something I'd've tolerated if I were there.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say this was torturous. Definitely mean, definitely cruel, but torture??

When it comes down to it, I'd NEVER subject my own cats to such a contraption. That said, my kitties hide when I turn on the shower. They know what's coming when I pick them up under one arm, pull off their collar, and head for the bathroom.

IME, cats are far less scared of being bathed when in trusted hands than in an unknown machine.