dima39

Icarus line-trim chart - is a big secret?

For PD it is very easy to find line-trim chart on web-site, with measuring instructions. Very good for customers. Why not the same for Icarus?

I know that Icarus canopies has\had differrent manufacturers\revision of line-trim etc.
May be for this reason?

I am interesting to have line-trim for Safire\Crossfire.

I tried to get the specs for a Crossfire a while ago. I tried every source I could and as far as I understood Icarus won’t give the specs so you cannot build your lineset (you have to buy one from them). As their canopies are all Vectran lined you don’t have to worry about trim issues, just line wear.
I used to have a chart for the Crossfire 1 (it was given to me by Simon Mundel) but I lost it when I had to format my PC.
Let me know if you can find another source.
Good luck
Ronaldo
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

I don"t think to produce lineset by myself, but it"s good idea to have possibility to control and change lineset with instructions.

I had relined mine Ka107 with PD original HMA-lineset without big problem (with mine rigger contol and sew bartaks). Why not same way for Icarus?

Contact Masterrigger1 on here. He is one of the authorized US Service Centers for Icarus and he would be the one most likely to be able to get you the charts or the specific trim that you are needing.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I know that Icarus canopies has\had differrent manufacturers\revision of line-trim etc.
May be for this reason?

No, actually the biggest reason (and I can tell you this because of my experience manufacturing for Icarus for several years) is that no finished line trim numbers were ever generated for the end-user. I believe that still the only actual documents are excel spreadsheets used for manufacturing, which would be of little use to the typical end-user or even most riggers.