mikempb

juggling 5 balls

Can anyone juggle 5 balls? How long did it take you? I can do loads of tricks with 3, juggle 4 good, 3 clubs no prob, even a couple of tricks to boot. I got Jason Garfields video. and I get it, it takes time, its been about a month and Im patient, I just wonder how many frustrating days Im in for. Note: I know everyone's learning curve is different this is just a guide...... God when is jump season back!!

I've only been able to juggle 3 balls with a little practice, but then only for maybe 10 seconds tops before I drop one.

My brother years ago successfully juggled a football, baseball and golf ball.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Check this out...

http://www.myspace.com/erinstephens

This is an old friend who I am helping sponsor in her life as a professional juggler. Don't know how much help it is, but watching her videos is very humbling. :-)

I'm sure she would be willing to give you a hint or two if you need help.

-S

It's been awhile since I seriously applied myself to juggling, but I remember spending several weeks, at least a couple of months, of daily practice before I could reliably get 5 catches without dropping anything. I still can't keep the cascade going for more than a few seconds. I think my record is around 45 seconds of the five ball cascade.

The cool thing is once you can do five... six isn't that much harder. Flashing six always makes me smile. Always feels like an accomplishment. :)
Very cool juggling site with more helpful advice than any one person could ever have use for: IJDB

Matt

I can juggle 5 balls. On a good day I can get 1-2 minute runs... on other days not so much.

it took me a long time to get it... and part of my difficulty with a five ball cascade is that my right and left tosses are not identical. I find that I'll start to turn and need to concentrate on consistent tosses... same height, etc. another thing I've been told is that my 5 ball cascade should probably include higher tosses (in order to slow down the pattern and give more time to recover.) since my pattern tends to be pretty fast.

I learned my five ball cascade when I was just out of HS... as I recall It took me a while to get it down.

Now a pattern that I've tried to figure out for years (with no success) is 4-ball mills mess, I know I'm probably just making it harder then it actually is... but I just can't get it... its especially frustrating since I piked up 3-balls relatively quickly...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I made my first set too. I cut a broom handle in 3 pieces:P only thing my hands were killing me after 2 min! I learned fast because I was younger prob.13 or so, it took me a day but now being an old 35 things are taking a lot lot longer. if you ever wanted to try again I got it by using 2 balls and one club then 1 ball and 2 clubs.

on a scale of 1 to 10, juggling 3 balls is only about a 4.

Juggling 4 balls is about a 7 or 8

Juglling 5 balls is about 36

It is quite difficult, I worke don it for years and never got it. 4 was fairly consistent, but there are many variations with 4.