catfishhunter

2 Helments and a New Container and Resever in exhange for...

...Agreeing to never base jump. That was the deal my wife offered me yesterday. I get a New Camera Helment and a new Mamba and I get to order a New Container, anyone I want with all the options I want along with a new reserve (Already have a new Sabre2 210 on order) I just have promise to never Base jump and to quick asking her about it..

So what do you think? Deal or No Deal?

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Oh, I'll let him base, if he wanted to, and he could have afforded all of that stuff on his own... if he wanted to. In response to the other post..I am not controlling him, he can base any time he wants. He has a perfectly good container, and he was buying 1 helmet anyway. I just made him a deal he couldn't refuse.
He had the option to take it or not...and James...I didn't break the plane!! :P
To borrow a line from Squeak...MY LIFE ROCKS!! HOW'S YOURS??!!!

Why do you need her permission to buy those things? Is she going to get a part time job to earn the money to pay for them?

If it's in your families budget, just buy them. If your family can't afford it, don't.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

My dad offered free flying lessons and whatever it takes for me to quit skydiving. What a guy.

You should have made the decision to base jump before you went on the game show. You lose.

But i can totally understand where she is coming from and could see myself begging my future wife not to buy a base rig, but if she really wants to do it, I would want her to do it too.

Oh I don't NEED her permission. We are partners. I wouldn't make that sort of monetary decision without her. It isn't about money. I WANTED something I didn't NEED something. And as for paying for it yeah she is paying for it but as James said she is just going to make him work harder to earn it for her:P

And I could have said no and just bought them anyway but then what sort of husband would I be:S

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

My wife made that request of me (minus the offer to buy gear[:/]) in near 19 years together sher has never asked me to NOT do something, BASE although intruiging, is not that big an issue for me and it was obviously very important to her. So for me it was a no brainer, I wont BASE jump,
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

...Agreeing to never base jump. That was the deal my wife offered me yesterday. I get a New Camera Helment and a new Mamba and I get to order a New Container, anyone I want with all the options I want along with a new reserve (Already have a new Sabre2 210 on order) I just have promise to never Base jump and to quick asking her about it..

Who gets to pay for all this?

Is it possible, just for like say, the time it takes to order all that stuff, for me to be claimed a family member, and I'll SWEAR to never BASE...I promise...only if the deal pertains to me!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!