crutch

Snowboarding in Washington

You'll probably get some info from NWFlyer. Krisanne is very helpful for stuff like that in Washington. I'd bet she wouldn't even mind a PM.

I just have to chuckle at the visual I'm getting on a Florida boy on the slopes.

Get video!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I dont live in Washington but I used to head to
Washington a lot for different snowboard events and I think you would like Snowqualmie and Crystal Mountain.
http://www.summitatsnoqualmie.com/

http://www.skicrystal.com/
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Art! You'll be in my hometown :)
Schweitzer and Crystal are pretty far from Spokane. Mt. Spokane isn't stellar but it's definitely closest - just North of town. Schweitzer is in Sandpoint, about an hour and a half away in North Idaho. 49 degrees North is another good one, about an hour North.

Have fun!

~ Lara

PS - I miss Palatka :( but I'm going to send you guys more necklaces!
Blue Skies Mag

Andy, that's not my side of the state! There's lots of folks from that side that post here who will know the resorts over there much better than me. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The closest are Mt. Spokane and 49 Degrees north. Both are smaller resorts. Schweitzer, in Sand Point, ID, is supposedly very nice...AmyFiske and Cleatus on here have season passes and a condo there and should be able to help you out. Silver Mountain, in Kellogg, ID, is about an hour drive from Spokane. I've been there twice this season and it's pretty cool, with nice condo's etc. You ride a gondola from town to the top of the mountain and then branch out from there, so don't plan on going back to your car too often.

I don't know if Schweitzer makes snow, but I'm pretty sure none of the other three do. Late March snow conditions are probably not what I would want to learn on...when it gets closer we'll be able to give you a better idea of the remaining coverage.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

If you feel like driving a little further (2.5 hours north of Vancouver) you can't go wrong with Whistler! It's the biggest skiable mountain in North America. My wife and I just got back from there and it was absolutely incredible. Great snow on two huge mountains side by side. They have great ski and snowboard schools there too. 5,200 vertical foot drop....makes me drool! :P
FALLATIO #13
PELT HEAD #20

Not to mention that if you're a newbie, all bunny slopes pretty much look the same. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Andy, that's not my side of the state!

Oh, so now it's YOUR side of the state? We are all just renting from Miss Krissane, are we then? >:(

Ok then I get the other half of the state! >:(

Oh wait...that's the poopy half. :|

I got shafted in this deal!!! :o:o:o:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Andy, that's not my side of the state!

Oh, so now it's YOUR side of the state? We are all just renting from Miss Krissane, are we then? >:(

Ok then I get the other half of the state! >:(

Oh wait...that's the poopy half. :|

I got shafted in this deal!!! :o:o:o:D

Yes you did, since the poopy half is mine (along with all the decent weather). :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Thanks to everyone for your help, researching all of them right now!

Blue skies,

art

If the snow sucks by the time you get here, and you have the slightest inkling to throw yourself out of an airplane, there should be decent weather and a Caravan flying in the Tri-Cities (140 miles SW).

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Jaye, you're always welcome in my part of the state (all parts North of Seattle), that is.. if you want to come up and hang out in the coolest part of the state.B|

Hooray! I've been invited to the cool side! :)
~Jaye

That would be the dry side to the East?

Vint

No, no you see...we like to have green around. Trees. Grass. A nice shrubbery.

Green is the key. The east has lovely hues of yellow and brown and...blah. Just wonderful to some.

(yeah, rattlesnakes :D)
~Jaye