BlueSkiesKel

Did my boss totally screw me over?

At the risk of stating the bloody obvious why not have a quiet word with him and ask him why he has chosen to roster things in this way. Also explain to him that you are not very happy with the way it will work for you and explain why.

gee squeak..didnt think of that one:P
come on..give me some credit
of course that already happened! my boss is..well lets just say i'll never fully understand his leadership style, we will be at a shortage of people, but there is a way to give me a watch partner, he would just rather that person do something else which he thinks is more important (i obviously disagree) but he's the boss, i'm not,
honestly, i dont care anymore, i'm pcsing in july, so 4 more months and i'm gone

i'm stationed on CG island which is basically oakland, CA, lifer?..dont know yet
but...good news.. i submitted 5 leave chits to our schedule for a total oa 12 days of leave the next 4 months:Dhehehe, so if my boss is gonna give it to me...i'm gonna give it right back.. that is of course he tells me to bend over again and denies all my leave :S we'll see

Ah, ;) cool good girl, give it right back to 'em! :P;)Planning on jumping at all, with any of those days??
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge
*Well I'd love to stay & chat, But youre a total Bitch! {Stewie}

Ah, ;) cool good girl, give it right back to 'em! :P;)Planning on jumping at all, with any of those days??

i wish... but the leave i put in for is all for triathlon races i want to do, oh, and one dance convention in reno:)but i should have plenty of time to jump during my move across country, :)

At the risk of stating the bloody obvious why not have a quiet word with him and ask him why he has chosen to roster things in this way. Also explain to him that you are not very happy with the way it will work for you and explain why.

gee squeak..didnt think of that one:P
come on..give me some credit
of course that already happened! my boss is..well lets just say i'll never fully understand his leadership style, we will be at a shortage of people, but there is a way to give me a watch partner, he would just rather that person do something else which he thinks is more important (i obviously disagree) but he's the boss, i'm not,
honestly, i dont care anymore, i'm pcsing in july, so 4 more months and i'm gone

Well given the nature of your whinge, you could have stated that you have tried to speak with him,:S:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ah, ;) cool good girl, give it right back to 'em! :P;)Planning on jumping at all, with any of those days??-----i wish... but the leave i put in for is all for triathlon races i want to do, oh, and one dance convention in reno:)

Schweeet! Wow Triathlons & a dance convention! Beauty, Brains, Thrill seeking, in incredible physical condition AND a Dancer! Very Impressive!B|;) Who's the very Lucky Man?;):)Cross country move, Transfering to East coast?

Attn: (Squeak also)
From Aztec shore to Arctic zone,
To Europe and Far East.
The Flag is carried by our ships,
In times of war and peace.
And never have we struck it yet,
In spite of foe-men's might,
Who cheered our crews and cheered again,
For showing how to fight.

We're always ready for the call,
We place our trust in Thee.
Through surf and storm and howling gale,
High shall our purpose be.
"Semper Paratus" is our guide,
Our fame, our glory too.
To fight to save or fight to die,
Aye! Coast Guard, we are for you!B|B|

Attn: (Squeak also)
From Aztec shore to Arctic zone,
To Europe and Far East.
The Flag is carried by our ships,
In times of war and peace.
And never have we struck it yet,
In spite of foe-men's might,
Who cheered our crews and cheered again,
For showing how to fight.

We're always ready for the call,
We place our trust in Thee.
Through surf and storm and howling gale,
High shall our purpose be.
"Semper Paratus" is our guide,
Our fame, our glory too.
To fight to save or fight to die,
Aye! Coast Guard, we are for you!B|B|

aww.. you did a Semper P shout out!!!:)you're awesome!!!

and yes i'm going to DC for an 11month masters program..
and Broke- i'm trying to get back to New London actually, thats what i'm requesting after DC:)

I'd be pissed too. Is the coast guard the same as the military or do you have actual contractual rights?

lol.. we're military

You should do some checking. It's been awhile since I worked in a class section, but there was a protocol regarding any single person having sole access to classified materials.

At the very least, you should fomarlize your understanding of the new situation to your Senior (who did it by phone call?) in writing as a CYA while you do your homework on the requiremsnts.

I could be wrong, but sumpin's just doesn't sound right here...
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Two things I loved while serving was a) someone will PCS, and (2 someone will PCS!B|

You'll eventually be out from under him so my suggestion is to suck it up and work, no complaining, non nadda. That shit always comes back to haunt you sometime or another.....

Oh, and if he pulls your leave, ask him to do it in writing.... Does your SOP that governs leave state that?? I had an AF boss deny my lv, I asked him to put it in writing and he backed off.........good ruck......

that is of course he tells me to bend over again and denies all my leave :S we'll see

Your Commanding Officer is the ONLY person in you COC that can deny leave.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I had an AF boss deny my lv, I asked him to put it in writing and he backed off.........good ruck......

Exactly. All supervisors know that they dont have the final say when it comes to leave requests. They can say whatever they want...but they can't stop the chit from going to the CO. He has the final word...and very rarely have i ever seen a leave request get denied. I have seen it get denied up to the CO....but the CO's that i have had always bottomlined them.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Kelly.....your in the military and we have rules! hahah.....New london.....u are crazy....i cant wait to graduate and get away from this crappy town....80something days

CPI Bro

You coasties are always visiting my work location for one reason or another
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192