boinky

I'm Famous!!!

Okay,.....well..... "famous" might not be the whole truth. :) But it IS a picture that I took that was published on page 23 of the February Parachutist! :$

I have to say that there are few things more exciting than getting that white envelope from Parachutist with a copy of that issue, a congratulatory letter and a check. :)

I have to give a special thanks to my honey for submitting the picture for me. And for all of you "doubting Thomases"...no, he didn't take the picture. He's actually IN the plane, as it's a picture from a series I took of his SCR at Skyfest here in Texas last year. ;)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Good for you, as its your first published photo your home DZ should be getting a new case of beer in the fridge;) And please attach the photo, since I am at work I don't have my copy of Parachutist with me; I want to see the picture. Keep up the good work!
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

I had to take a picture of the picture in the magazine, as the laptop is having "issues."

The original had a lot more color and "ahhhh" value to it. But who am I to complain? ;)
Nina

An upload of the picture is required for us non-USPA jumpers in countries other than the USA. :)
Edit: You're a fast woman :o picture posted as I wrote this message ;)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I posted a copy of the one in the magazine. Can't get the one off the laptop right now. [:/] Besides, I'm not sure if Parachutist would allow me to post the original anyway. :S
Nina

There is another dz.commer (videointhesky) who owes beer for the March centerfold. At least 3 of the subjects also owe (The pink jumpsuit is an indication of previously published jumps, but is being pictured in the centerfold a beerable offense every time or just the first time?) Clearly the daughter, Kara, is the best skydiver in the bunch by virtue of having had an unbelievably good AFF instructor. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I would think that only the first time being published would be a beer offense. Of course, that's once being published in writing (which I was in Sept. '04) and once in picture.

But since I'm tickled pink by the whole concept, I'll personally pay beer every time it happens for me! :D
Nina

Okay,.....well..... "famous" might not be the whole truth. :) But it IS a picture that I took that was published on page 23 of the February Parachutist! :$

I have to say that there are few things more exciting than getting that white envelope from Parachutist with a copy of that issue, a congratulatory letter and a check. :)

I have to give a special thanks to my honey for submitting the picture for me. And for all of you "doubting Thomases"...no, he didn't take the picture. He's actually IN the plane, as it's a picture from a series I took of his SCR at Skyfest here in Texas last year. ;)

Great JOB NINA!!!

It gets better from here.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun