caspar

whats your favorite cheapest meal?

as my budget continues to get tighter, im running out of ideas on really cheap meals. i normally go with the classic beans on toast, costing about 40 pence a meal.

what's your favorite classic super-cheap meal?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

Either tater tot casserole or (homemade) mac & cheese.

Blues,
Dave

Not sure about tater tot casserole, but homemade mac and cheese is the best. Not real cheap the way I make it...

...so for cheap...it's usually a double greaseburger PLAIN from mcd's. (Plain is the best way to get a fresh one....;)...)
I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

All these bread recipes get even cheaper if you make the bread yourself. I did that when I was a really broke student. I even went out and picked berries and made jam:D

Everything also becomes much cheaper if you use your freezer to take care of food you can't eat at once, and then take it out when you're ready to use it. Food bought in small, single user packages is expensive.

Spaghetti with just a little tomato sauce and some grated cheese is pretty cheap, and good. I'm lucky and have several cheap vegetable stores in my neighboorhood. Cheap cauliflower is a great addition to any cheap dinner.

Buying real food instead of beer and chocolate is also generally a great idea, but is not fun.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?