mamajumps

remember my Aunt & Uncle's dogs..

They killed my daughters pig a few months back... well since then, they actually turned on one of their own and killed one of the other Bull Mastiff's they had, an adult female. And lastly, just today, they killed a beautiful 1 week old paint colt. I named him Shamrock, becuase he was born last Saturday morning. I doubt seriously if they will shoot the dogs. I'm so mad right now I can't see straight, I just literally got sick when my uncle told me. I moved out to the country so my kids could play and run outside, now I'm even afraid to let them do that. I thought it would be great to live right next to my uncle since my hubby is gone so much, but now I'm begining to wonder.... They have kennels for the dogs, but said before the baby was born they were gonna keep them locked up, and only let them out one at a time, well two of the dogs did this today. I'm sick, I don't know what to think or do... and they have another baby horse due in a few days....:(

I would definitely get animal control involved. I've heard once a dog tastes blood, they will do anything they can do to taste it again. I am so sorry to hear stories like this. You can not let this keep happening.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Call animal control. Once a dog kills another animial they must be investigated and potenitally legally put down if they are viewed as a potenital danger to people.

Definitely. SCREW your aunt and uncle. If the dogs are killers, they need to be put away -which I know means 'put down', but they have killed repeatedly.

They killed a HORSE?! I mean holy shit...:| Relatvies or not, your neighbors have NO BUSINESS keeping viscious dogs that have killed on YOUR property, too.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Do you own a rifle?

why yes, yes i do... I have a Weatherby 7mm mag... :) I did call animal control, about 15 min before they showed up, I heard a shot come from my uncles, only one, there should have been two, so I am hoping he did the right thing, its not so much my uncle as it as my aunt, they are her dogs, and she lives and walkes thru life with blinders on, WITH EVERYTHING not just the dogs. My uncle has been married to her for 3 years, and before her, he had no problem dropping a problem dog. I am terrified for my kids, I would move, but cant afford anywhere else for my horses, the one I have had for a long long long time and she is loosing her sight, she's 16 and very much my baby. Land in Florida is stupid expensive... like one acre under water (swamp land) goes for around 30,000.....:S...I will keep ya'll posted, I'm not gonna call tonight, I'm sure they know I'm the one who called....:|

Dudette,
All dogs as they age/advance into senility tend to revert to their feral nature. No matter how well behaved, well trained and lovable they where, they should be dispatched immediately.

They have gone beyond the limit. So sorry.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

All dogs as they age/advance into senility tend to revert to their feral nature

What are you talking about???? Age has nothing to do with this, this is a dog pack made up of 5 dogs that have turned aggressive, if I remember right from Dec none of them were old.

Old dogs do not turn feral, they like humans are more sensitive to pain and being bothered so true they may be more likely to nip but that has nothing to do with turning aggressive. If they do turn aggressive there is normally a medical condition that goes with it.

I agree these dogs need to be put down but it's because they have become a pack that can no longer be controlled by their humans. This is why most trainers recommend no more than two dogs in an average dog owner household.
Fly it like you stole it!

All dogs as they age/advance into senility tend to revert to their feral nature

What are you talking about???? Age has nothing to do with this, this is a dog pack made up of 5 dogs that have turned aggressive, if I remember right from Dec none of them were old.

Old dogs do not turn feral, they like humans are more sensitive to pain and being bothered so true they may be more likely to nip but that has nothing to do with turning aggressive. If they do turn aggressive there is normally a medical condition that goes with it.

I agree these dogs need to be put down but it's because they have become a pack that can no longer be controlled by their humans. This is why most trainers recommend no more than two dogs in an average dog owner household.

yes,these dogs are not old, the female is maybe 1.5 and the male is maybe 1. However, they both weigh over 100 lbs....

I will keep ya'll posted, I'm not gonna call tonight, I'm sure they know I'm the one who called....:|

Have a friend call. The sooner the better. While I'm an animal lover through and through, those dogs are no longer "pets". Replace "child" with "colt" in your previous description of what they did. [:/][:/]

Good luck to you! :)
'Shell

I will keep ya'll posted, I'm not gonna call tonight, I'm sure they know I'm the one who called....:|

Have a friend call. The sooner the better. While I'm an animal lover through and through, those dogs are no longer "pets". Replace "child" with "colt" in your previous description of what they did. [:/][:/]

I have many times, I am sick... animal control wasnt there very long, maybe its becuase the dogs are already dead...
Good luck to you! :)

I have many times, I am sick... animal control wasnt there very long, maybe its becuase the dogs are already dead...

Let's hope that's the case. Can you call animal control and ask them about it??? Not sure if they can give you any info but maybe, if you tell them why you're calling, they can. Doesn't hurt to try.

Good luck to you! And to your aunt and uncle too. Can't be easy for them either. [:/]
'Shell

This is why most trainers recommend no more than two dogs in an average dog owner household.

Guess I'm not an average household;)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

This is why most trainers recommend no more than two dogs in an average dog owner household.

(Understatement of the month) :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

It's more like you are not the average dog owner, I bet now with your new field of work you know exactly what I'm talking about. ;)
Fly it like you stole it!

Well, my Aunt called me last night, the dogs were not destroyed, She is giving the female to her son in S. Carolina, and her other son who lives in Orlando is taking the male. Animal control said there was nothing they could do becuase they are there dogs and they are killing there animals, and well my daughter's pig was too long ago, it doesnt count anymore. I can't make them understand the magnitude of this problem. There is no making them understand. The son in SC has livestock also, I hate to see whats gonna happen. I'm gonna talk to man were buying the house from and see if he has any other property, that would work, at this point, I just wanna protext my kids. I have a feeling they wont follow thru giving them away, time will pass, the dogs will temporaily behave and they will not go anywhere. I have never had to actually consider harming an animal, in an unconventional way, but it may come to that since the law wont do anything and well I've already said what I think will more than likely transpire.

Then get in touch with the two sons who are getting her dogs and explain the situation so they can be prepared to deal with them.

Like someone said, once they've tasted blood, there's no going back.

I would rather have shot them dead on the spot, though...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just called animal control to see if they would give me any info on when they were at my aunt's. They told me there is nothing they can do to the dogs, nor can they take them, as long as they are on their property. I am absoultely sick and terrified for my kids. They said I could make a statement and it would be on file, in the event anything happened with the dogs on my property. I can't afford to move, and I just don't know what to do. I already have PTSD from an event when my middle son was 18M old, it's almost to the point where I can't work, I can't think, Im totally consumed with "what if" and there's nothing I can do... those of you who have given advice thanks! Any suggestions on how I could do away with these dogs would be great... I shouldn't have to be afraid to let my kids play outside on my land in the middle of no where....

I just called animal control to see if they would give me any info on when they were at my aunt's. They told me there is nothing they can do to the dogs, nor can they take them, as long as they are on their property. I am absoultely sick and terrified for my kids. They said I could make a statement and it would be on file, in the event anything happened with the dogs on my property. I can't afford to move, and I just don't know what to do. I already have PTSD from an event when my middle son was 18M old, it's almost to the point where I can't work, I can't think, Im totally consumed with "what if" and there's nothing I can do... those of you who have given advice thanks! Any suggestions on how I could do away with these dogs would be great... I shouldn't have to be afraid to let my kids play outside on my land in the middle of no where....

I feel bad for you, however, if it was my aunt, I'd give her a damn good tongue-lashing for being so damn ignorant and threaten to shoot her dogs on sight if they so much as threaten my kids again or escape their enclosure.

How old is your aunt? Just curious, as you said you pretty much can't get through her thick skull how dangerous her dogs are?

Some people should not be dog owners, period....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

call the police - don't just leave it to animal control... the more people hear about these dogs the better the chances that something will be done.. your aunt and uncle are ridiculously irresponsible - i would file complaints and have every person that has been affected by those dogs to do the same... there is no reason you should live in fear because of someone else's carelessness
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

How old is your aunt? Just curious, as you said you pretty much can't get through her thick skull how dangerous her dogs are?

She just turned 48....

I just talked to my uncle on the phone, the sensible one to the two, he has given my aunt a week to place them in new seperate homes or he's taking them behind the barn... bang bang dead dogs.... In the mean time, my uncle has assured me they will be locked in their kennels other than the few minutes to go to the bathroom. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I'll let ya'll know when the dogs are gone...

She just turned 48....

I just talked to my uncle on the phone, the sensible one to the two, he has given my aunt a week to place them in new seperate homes or he's taking them behind the barn... bang bang dead dogs.... In the mean time, my uncle has assured me they will be locked in their kennels other than the few minutes to go to the bathroom. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I'll let ya'll know when the dogs are gone...

Awesome... Glad to see that. :)