guppie01

Horse Races

Each year our company has a customer event at the horse race track. I rarely bet b/c I have no clue about horses.... [:/]

Anyone wanna help me out so that I can place some bets on Sunday, I'll share the winnings..... :)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

i worked at Tampa Bay Downs when I was 15 to 18 exercising horses, I'm no genius, but my meager advice is bet on a trifecta, (thats betting on 3 horses, win place or show or 1, 2, 3) also do your research, books are available (free at the race) that tell about the horses, how many they have one, best times, and whether or not they have one more on dirt or turf. Also, the jockies have alot to do with it and how long they have been riding and their skills, when to hold a horse and when to push him etc... good luck!;)

Bet in the horse that craps right before the race-it's lighter:)

Damn - you definately have a unique way to place bets - I prefer the window with the teller in it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

To win that kind of money they were either betting big or playing the Trifectas and Superfecta`s.

Basic Bets:
Quinella - Pick 1st and 2nd Place. Order does not matter as long as you picked the right 2.
Exacata - Same as Quinella but Order does Matter. (Pays Better) (You can also do an Exacta Box which is an Identical Bet as the Quenella but sometimes pays better)
Trifecta - Pick 1st through 3rd. Order matters but you can BOX them. in that case Order will not matter long as you have all 3) Pays pretty well.
Superfecta (Big at Dog Tracks and Some Horse tracks) Pick 1st -4th. Almost always wheel or Box this bet. Really good payout.

Just every race Pick two horses you like and Place $2 Quinella Bets. Or Pick 3 Horses and bet a Quinella Box for $6. Then if any of the horses come in First AND Second, you win.

Have a Blast!!

(And I am sure I misspelled Quinell, Exacta, trifecta and Superfecta;))

(And I am sure I misspelled Quinell, Exacta, trifecta and Superfecta0

Nope, they're spelled correctly.

Boxing, or wheeling, is the biggest trick in the book. The way to make them really pay off is to put the two top favorites (those with the lowest ratio of odds), and choose the one that looks like they will come in 4th or so. That way, the odds are increased, and the payout is better.

One of my other tricks in choosing the 4/5 place is the trainer. If there is a trainer that is working a horse who has produced quite a few winners, then that's the one to put in the 3rd spot in the trifecta. Trainers have methods, and will often introduce a horse in the 5or 6th race, so sometimes this is a sweet moment when their horse is exposed to a race; sometimes it's a dud, but I've won many trifectas by doing this.

DON'T put two same trainer horses in the same trifecta unless they are the top two.

I haven't been to the track in about 8 years...but my largest payout was just over 4K using the above.

Alternatively, you could always bet on the horse with the purple silks. B|

Have fun - I miss getting out to the track...maybe next year.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~